Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
slower than a turtle
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a mk3 turbo with a body thats beyond reasonable repair. im going to offer him 200 for the car since it already has a BHG so ill do what i just did on my car rebuild the engine and then ill have a decent autocross car. its going to be some good times

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Cool, congratulations. My best advice for you autocrossing is to decide how much you want to modify it now, then stay within the lowest class possible. A "stock" class will allow cat-back exhaust, high-flow cats (assuming your mk3 has over 50,000 miles IIRC), any air filter (but not "intake"), any shocks (but stock springs), an aftermarket front sway bar, and DOT-legal tires on stock (or stock sized: 16X7, offset within 5 of stock) wheels.

Unfortunately, the best power mods for the mk3 (full exhaust, intake, and boost controller) put you in a "modified" class, running against crazy cars, so be sure to check the rules thoroughly for your particular sanctioning body

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Put a set of Konis on it, best thing for transient response (biggest weak spot on the mk3). Also, have a good autocross alignment done. Have fun!

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
sounds fun. im really interested in doing alot of autoX this summer

im not exactly the richest guy around and having a fast drag car takes a decent amount of money to keep going faster. and im not really into building a fast car. i wanna start building a fast driver(myself) with what i have already with my car. you can become faster in a sport like autoX or road racing. but drag racing(launching, shifting skills aside) relies on some more pocket book.

that being said, im going to try to work on my suspension more this summer than big power adders :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts