Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, with all of these pictures of new setups, videos of joyrides, and other exciting media from the mk3 community, the itch spread to me and I couldn't resist throwing on the old sawblades to screw around with again. Washed the car up nice, snapped a few photos and then wedged the 'ol tripod into the passenger footwell to get a few in car videos. Turned out pretty well for doing that for the first time.

Pictures...

Pre-wash

Pictures at the dam

Video 1 = in car cam looking backwards while doing a burnout/powerslide around a corner and down the street. After watching it i'm sorry that there was so much sun, makes it hard to see the smoke in the background, oh well. :faint:

Click here to see Video

Video 2 = roll and punch it from 20-100. Pretty self explanitory.

Click here to see Video

Video 3 = I wanted to make a vid to demonstrate the sound of the exhaust because I'll be selling it in the next couple weeks (hint hint), but unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) it also goes to show how much oil the car is burning now. Again, oh well, still sounds nice.

Click here to see Video

I hope you enjoyed em.

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MK3Brent said:
tongue out FTW.
lol yeah... I have a habbit of doing that when I'm concentrating on something. Driving, video games, sex... well, maybe not sex :tongue:

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Chrisco said:
lol yeah... I have a habbit of doing that when I'm concentrating on something. Driving, video games, sex... well, maybe not sex :tongue:

hahah i guess i'm not the only one wit that habbit.

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
mk3supraholic said:
K&N cone filter
CT26 w/ to4e 50trim
3inch turbo back with 3 inch test pipe
Lower (hot) IC hardpipe.
Greddy profec B spec I @10psi
Block is a remanufactured long block with ~17k miles on it.

That's it for engine mods as of right now. MAP ECU + Upper hardpipes should be done this summer.

Other mods include:

Apex'i 7 way damping shocks with adjustable ride height
Eibach pro-kit
ebay/greddy front strut tower brace
N/A 4.30 LSD differential (so technically I suppose that was only about a 20-90mph run in the second video)
mk4 TT's

And alot of money in restoration. The car is pretty stock. Dynoed 320whp/309tq (boost creep to ~13psi)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Damn looks like fun. We defenitly need to meet up sometime and go for a cruise. Maybe pick on some v8s or something.

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
supra8795 said:
Damn looks like fun. We defenitly need to meet up sometime and go for a cruise. Maybe pick on some v8s or something.
For sure. I'll be back in Downers Grove in about 2 weeks. The car is going to be undergoing some maintenance though so I'm not sure when I'll be having it out.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
No prob man just let me know. Im just about done with the new turbo setup hopefully will beable to start her up tonight when i get off work.

3,796 Posts
Dude you should have called me!! We should get some shots of the girls together. :p Turned the boost up since we ran last. ;)

Nice pics and vids.

·
Registered
339 Posts
awesome vid and pics dude.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Just curious , that oil your burning, is that white-grey smoke? What's the cause of it? I'm burning something and still can't tell if its oil or coolant. I' haven't driven it around enough to really tell.

Thanks.

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
KINGPIN33 said:
Just curious , that oil your burning, is that white-grey smoke? What's the cause of it? I'm burning something and still can't tell if its oil or coolant. I' haven't driven it around enough to really tell.

Thanks.
No it's blue/black smoke actually. A mix of unburnt fuel and burning oil. The fuel is because the car runs so rich and the oil... well... I'm still trying to figure that out. If you're burning something that is coming out white, yeah that's coolant unless your tires are rotating and your car isn't moving.

Silver88Turbo said:
Dude you should have called me!! We should get some shots of the girls together. Turned the boost up since we ran last.

Nice pics and vids.
Thanks man. Yeah I should have called you, but it was a bit of a spur of the moment thing. As far as you turning up the boost... :eek4dance I think I'll be in for a treat next time. I gotta get my ass in gear and finish my MAP ECU intall/tune.

3,796 Posts
Well let me know if you need a hand with anything (got the LM-1 down here) or if you want to cruise. Good luck with the install.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts