Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to my buddy Keith over at Apexi I've had my GT-Spec exhaust on my car for about a month now. I used it to replace my Super Drager which I had for a few months. My initial impression was that it does look a lot better. Im more of a fan of the angled exhaust versus the big canister style of the Drager which was popular back in the 90's. The Drager does have a deeper note to it, while the GT-Spec was louder w/o the silencer. With the silencer, the car was very quiet, but I lost about 2lbs. of boost (BPU levels).

The ATS silencer just came in today and I got to install it real quick during my lunch break. Its supposed to act like a regular silencer during normal driving, but when you go WOT, it pushes a spring loaded cap which opens up the silencer. It does quiet it down quite a bit during normal driving, versus not having a silencer at all. I noticed a gain in torque which was probably due to more backpressure. I havent had a chance to take it WOT yet due to the lunchtime traffic. Anyway, on to some pics....

·
(笑)
11 Posts
Looks good! I've seen and heard this exhaust in person (pre-Active Silencer), and I must say it's the quietest non-stock exhaust I've ever heard on a Supra.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just make sure no one walks off with that "active" silencer .. looks to be easily removed.

Curious to know your impressions after going WOT. Thanks.

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
95mm (3.74 inches) piping diameter and 114.3mm (4.5 inch) tip.

It does come w/ a cotter pin and an allen head screw to hold it in place, so it'll be just a little harder to steal than although I'm sure if someone really wanted it, they would be able to jack it.

·
Greddy T78
393 Posts
Looks Nice, think i saw a video clip of a Skyline R34 GT-R with about the simular Exhaust..

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yeah, I did a WOT run this morning. I lost about 2psi in 3rd (auto) and it did seem to take longer for me to hit full boost..... I was at 1.1 bar and now im down to a little bit under 1. I guess thats the trade-off for having a quiet exhaust. :crying:

·
Registered
959 Posts
MrJohnTan said:
Oh yeah, I did a WOT run this morning. I lost about 2psi in 3rd (auto) and it did seem to take longer for me to hit full boost..... I was at 1.1 bar and now im down to a little bit under 1. I guess thats the trade-off for having a quiet exhaust. :crying:

John, thanks for the feedback of the silencer. I am still waiting on mine which i ordered over a month ago. :crying: I planned to use the Silencer for cruising around town, and coming home. I will remove it once i get to the meeting spot.

·
Registered
296 Posts
So the GT Spec is nice and quiet? How is it without the silencer? Im looking at my exhaust options for my SC300. Going for the as quiet and stock looking as possible route.

·
How does my exhaust smell
1,012 Posts
I have a custom install of that unit in my BoostLogic 4" exhaust. It is a godsent if you want to reduce the noise of your system without a lower performance penalty than a traditional silencer can deliver.

·
Greddy T78
393 Posts
Bad4URHeart said:
I have a custom install of that unit in my BoostLogic 4" exhaust. It is a godsent if you want to reduce the noise of your system without a lower performance penalty than a traditional silencer can deliver.
Any pictures of yours ?

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hemogoblin said:
So the GT Spec is nice and quiet? How is it without the silencer? Im looking at my exhaust options for my SC300. Going for the as quiet and stock looking as possible route.
w/o the silencer, its louder than the Super Drager, which is pretty much all I have to use as a reference. With the silencer its nice and quiet. It obviously does not look anything close to stock and I'm not sure of any exhaust for the supra that does. If you wanted to go that route, you should look into getting an electronic cutout installed.

·
Registered
959 Posts
MrJohnTan said:

LMK if you want to sell it. :)

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ScrewDrvr said:
it would looka lot better if you couldnt see it. Paint it black, or i guess just dont clean it when the exhaust sut covers it.
Agreed. I have no cats so in no time it will be black.

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dubai_turbo_dreams said:
looks good

dose it (ATS) fit a greddy evo ?

cuz i measured mine and it was 115mm and the ATS is 115mm

anybody tried to fit
My buddy has the HKS racing Ti on his evo and he was able to pick up an ATS which fit just fine.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts