Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
www.ziptieracing.com
Joined
·
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a while ago i started a thread then had a magazine ask I not publish the photos until after thier article was out.

well, the article is out, so here are the rest of the pictures. A little anticlimatic i guess, but it was a fun weekend driving Spoon's 2 race cars...



 

·
www.ziptieracing.com
Joined
·
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and one of both the fit and rsx.

I'm in the slower car at the time.
 

·
Original Owner
Joined
·
3,975 Posts
what cute cars!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Nice pics.. Honda Jazz right?
 

·
www.ziptieracing.com
Joined
·
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
honda fit and honda integra



and Curtis-

you know how I am about cute cars. but I bet that cute integra is faster around the track than that penis extension you drive is.

:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Oh is that what they call it over there hehe. Yeah DC5 behind I see... what have they tuned them up to?
 

·
www.ziptieracing.com
Joined
·
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually, drive trains are "stock" because of the classes they race in. but spoon "stock" means they will take 40 rods and 40 pistons and 10 crankshafts and find the perfectly matched set.

The real thing that makes them performers is wieght loss and suspension tuning. the Fit is about 1800lbs with only 90hp. but it sticks upside down.
 

·
Original Owner
Joined
·
3,975 Posts
turbomx5 said:
honda fit and honda integra



and Curtis-

you know how I am about cute cars. but I bet that cute integra is faster around the track than that penis extension you drive is.

:lol:

my corolla is way cuter than that spork car.
you have no idea how many pimply white "jdm" highschool boys
i pick up at uni high compared to your miata!
 

·
Evil Shenanigans
Joined
·
623 Posts
They both equipped with LSDs? That Fit looks like it has enough negative camber to be on the inside tire's sidewall in that first pic.

Looks like fun. :bigthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
turbomx5 said:
actually, drive trains are "stock" because of the classes they race in. but spoon "stock" means they will take 40 rods and 40 pistons and 10 crankshafts and find the perfectly matched set.

The real thing that makes them performers is wieght loss and suspension tuning. the Fit is about 1800lbs with only 90hp. but it sticks upside down.
But I hear a K series engine will bolt into a Fit. 220 to 230hp to the wheels with a few mods together with 1800lbs. would make it a real rice rocket. Driving a light car is a real treat on the limit.

Barry H.
 

·
www.ziptieracing.com
Joined
·
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
frush - yeah, both cars had lsd's. loud ones.

Chris- funny how your dreams change as you get more exposed to them. I want more. I am super jealous of someone I believe you know. Robi Fuller just quit his day job. Being flown around to tune EVOs apparently takes up too much time. 2 years ago we were on the same knowledge/speed level. He has encouraged me to start offering the same services for cars I know. supra, miata, and a couple other rwd's. I've been doing part of this already, but not specifically going to the track to tune anyone's set up yet... :D So when we meeting in NorCal? Later this year I want to hit Laguna, Infineon, and Thunderhill. You interested? I am kind of considering doing this if I don't go to RA with all you guys...

Barry- Not sure if I'd do a swap in that fit. other than changing the class, that car is sooo much fun at 1800 lbs and 90 hp. Its great practice for cars with more power. Light cars are better than high hp cars. Hands down.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,170 Posts
turbomx5 said:
Chris- So when we meeting in NorCal? Later this year I want to hit Laguna, Infineon, and Thunderhill. You interested? I am kind of considering doing this if I don't go to RA with all you guys...
Count me in if it's after July. I can take some time off of work and fly down without too much trouble.
 

·
www.ziptieracing.com
Joined
·
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hell, if you're flying, come all the way to socal. :D It would be after july. I want to get the car sorted locally before I venture too far from home.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,170 Posts
turbomx5 said:
hell, if you're flying, come all the way to socal. :D It would be after july. I want to get the car sorted locally before I venture too far from home.
I'm down. Let's make it happen. :)
 

·
TX2K7 roadrace champion
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
yo matt

i think i saw this car in Pheonix racway tonite.. after Grand-am rolex practice...

also a buncha other japanese cars...


also Tarzan yamamada or whatever was in the drivers meeting... hmmm sumthings fishy
 

·
www.ziptieracing.com
Joined
·
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PIR is hosting a time attack i believe next weekend. it is one of the qualifiers for the superstreet timaattack in November. They likely could be there in prep for that.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top