Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TX2K7 roadrace champion
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well went to the track on some slicks yesterday and today. The slicks are used front tires off of a Grand-Am Cup racecar(got them for free). They were 2 completly dif sets that i matched together. Turns out 2 of them were TOAST......... like done, they were pitiful. I had them on the front of my car Fri and it understeered horribly bad. So fri night i stiffend my rear sway bar all the way and put the front tires on the back and the back tires on the front. and today i had a dang drift machine. It was rediculous the thing had oversteer like crazy like it was rwd. So it was alot of fun to drive but not real fast because those tires just didnt have any grip. I was sliding so much i ended up cording the rear tires within 3 sessions.

my buddy came in his Z06 and another in his Evo

The best time for me on street tires at this trak so far is a 1:22.7

Did 2 hot laps in my buddys Z06 and yuh its fast. Smoked the STi time, did a 1:20.1 in it, think its got a teen in it but ive never really drivin a Z06, just went to the grociery store once or twice in my buddys put putting in it.

in my buddys Evo i did a 1:24.1 (325whp, only suspention mod is tein springs)

STi held up good again, i think i glazed my rotors Fri but today it was stopping pretty well. Today makes it the 5ths difernent day ive been to teh track with this thing. All u gotta do is keep it over half a tank and it just keeps going. i had to drive 110 miles bak to my home town today on the corded slick. Tommarow i have to drive over 200 on it. Hope i make it.

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Damn the car is stock and went 1:20 wow, I really suck at driving or need to buy a Z06.......or both. :D Quick question how do you take the first two decreasing radius turns at Roebling, my instructor kept telling me to treat them as individual corners rather than one big one but I kept fucking up coming out of the first one when I would need to turn in more plus brake some to make the second apex. I felt like I was losing a lot of time here and the transition felt really bad as well. Any advice?

·
TX2K7 roadrace champion
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yuh its a double apex turn. Go into 1 haulin but deaccelorating the whole way through it pretty much. then feed out to the left and turn in for 2. kinda hard to explain without a map or being there.

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Yea i understand exactly what you are talking about, I think I have been doign way too much braking on the straight and not through the corner. I will have to give that a try next time I am out there, I'm sure I can shave off a second because I have been taking it so poorly. Thanks a lot for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts