Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics of their 1jz using some sort of oil filter relocation kit? I looked on here but didn't find any...maybe didnt look hard enough or was just too tired after I got off work. Thanx everybody.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
I have one on my car. Its not totally hooked up yet. I just have the filter adapter screwed on right now. I got the Trans Dapt kit. It was like $50. I will post pics when I am done.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
If I could post pics I would of mine. I'm using a perma-cool relo kit. The filter I'm using makes the stocker look dinky.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Yea I have considered it... I just havent bought the adaptor yet...

·
Registered
416 Posts
i dont see much point in relocating the filter just to move it, the stock location is really accessable. If you want to run a external cooler as well, then just use a sandwich adaptor and remove the stock water/oil cooler.

·
Registered
203 Posts
becauseican said:
I have one on my car. Its not totally hooked up yet. I just have the filter adapter screwed on right now. I got the Trans Dapt kit. It was like $50. I will post pics when I am done.
where did you get that from? and if i were to order one, what vehicle would i order it for?

·
Registered
203 Posts
i know that, i was looking at them. i dont know what size i need to order. dont want to get a part in, only to find out that the thread pitch or diameter is wrong.

·
Registered
416 Posts
most sandwich adaptors come with an assortment or bolts, at elast the one i bought did. Get the universal one. I used a Derale universal oil cooler kit. The sandwich adaptor is the same.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i dont like mine, cant get a good seal on all the piping. well not yet im going to run ss lines this summer. If you want ill shoot some pics and post of before and after

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
i think the fram block addaptor is a hpk5 IIRC.i used a relocator on my firebird and had my engine temp. run 5 deg. cooler consistantly.i never had an aftermarket temp gauge on the supra to see if it would yeld the same results
keith

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1jz-power said:
to do it right you might up spending 300+ like i did. but, i went crazy on it. but it works and its done right the first time.

pics?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts