Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Looks great man!

You can flip the front intake pipe around and run the hoses around to the right and around the perimeter of the engine bay. The clear IAC hose is not long enough though, would have to get another one. It keeps the clear hose from dominating the engine compartment being right in the middle.

Or you can do like a lot of people do and eliminate that hose, and put a K&N on the IAC! Not me though, dont like hot air!

Also, I HIGHLY recommend the HKS heat shields. Worth every penny, they look great!

Al

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
Very cool indeed. I'm hoping to do a set of twins some day...but will have to be single for now.

The other thing I will recommend is the caps on your coolant lines. I only see the caps on the upper water neck, but can only assume the lower ones are done similarly. Many people have found that the "vacuum" caps tend to crack/fail over time and don't make a good perminent plug for the coolant lines.

That being said.....I still have vacuum caps on my water neck (waiting to weld it shut).

·
2jz powered
1,688 Posts
Mr2mitch said:
Very cool. I dont see alot of guys keeping a twin set up. I've seen great things from the GT28's.
That's beacuase you can go with a single that will cost a considerable amount less, spool as fast if not faster and make as much if not more power than a set of twins that are equally matched. Don't get me wrong though, i'd love to pop my hood and have a nice set of twins like the hks kit but last i checked, they go for 8-10k new.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Awesome! I just bought a set from mkivbren. Can't wait to get them in my hands to install :)

·
Let's go Phils
624 Posts
I love my twins.....I got them about 4 years ago, and still love 'em. I would like a gt47-80 now though. That setup has had me thinking lately.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments... We love them!! The sound, the raw power... I wish the lag ws a little less, but when you feel the power, its quickly forgotten...

I still have to do something with that clear hose, and I do want to get the HKS shields.

As for the coolant caps, I used the HKS ones that came in the kit.

Also, as for numbers as I am sure some of you are wondering... We did 608whp at 22psi on pump gas (92 octane here in CT). With some race fuel, and some more boost, we should get alot better numbers... But its my fiancees' daily driver and she is happy...

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
fiance's daily driver...hahaha

who u think you are? Wes and Jess....lol

looks nice....

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
soopratt said:
Thanks for the comments... We love them!! The sound, the raw power... I wish the lag ws a little less, but when you feel the power, its quickly forgotten...

I still have to do something with that clear hose, and I do want to get the HKS shields.

As for the coolant caps, I used the HKS ones that came in the kit.

Also, as for numbers as I am sure some of you are wondering... We did 608whp at 22psi on pump gas (92 octane here in CT). With some race fuel, and some more boost, we should get alot better numbers... But its my fiancees' daily driver and she is happy...
How bad is the lag? EMS or piggyback tuning?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We are running the MAP ECU. The lag isnt that bad. Full boost is around 4300rpm

I dont drive anything nearly as cool as the supra. I have a couple bikes and I drive my shop car which is an '04 supercharged Scion xB.

I cant afford to build two supras....

The scion is going to be going the end of this season for a new project though. G35...

You can see pics of everything at www.lastlookcustoms.com/gallery

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
soopratt said:
We are running the MAP ECU. The lag isnt that bad. Full boost is around 4300rpm

I dont drive anything nearly as cool as the supra. I have a couple bikes and I drive my shop car which is an '04 supercharged Scion xB.

I cant afford to build two supras....

The scion is going to be going the end of this season for a new project though. G35...

You can see pics of everything at www.lastlookcustoms.com/gallery
When you say full boost, please explain. Are you talking about 14-17 psi street boost or 30+psi max boost? Which gear, speed, etc?
TIA

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
medici78 said:
When you say full boost, please explain. Are you talking about 14-17 psi street boost or 30+psi max boost? Which gear, speed, etc?
TIA

I am at 21 psi at around 4500rpm in 2nd gear...so it spools pretty rapidly...as for the speed, not really sure... But at the dyno, 21psi in fourth gear made 608whp at 108mph.

·
Super Moderator
10,895 Posts
They look like Advan Siena Generation II's to me, but I could be wrong.

I always loved the 2835 cars!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts