Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics on installing 6.5" speakers in the front on their mkiv. Before buying any adapter kits. I wanna see why it is not possible to just install a 6.5" speaker and if necessary just drill holes to mount the speaker on.
Please post your front speaker install pics if you have thanks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Its actually very easy. Just remove the whole stock speaker assembly (grill and all) and put the 6 1/2 inch you buy right in the hole. Then use the grill your new speaker came with.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anyone done an install without any problems on the mkiv, front speakers. I am planning to purchase the infiniti kappas. 6.5" speakers. I want to make sure they will fit and the glass will not hit the speakers before i purchase them.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey what kind of speakers are those???

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I had issues trying to mount my Infinity 6.5" grills on the doors. Ended up keeping the stock ones...but I would really like replace the stock grills for new ones that fit the entire hole.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
I've got the cheap pioneer 6.5"s in mine .... they sound great :)

(the previous owner did a hack job installing component speakers into the doors... so I also have some nice jagged holes around)

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have Xtant 6.5's but am going to the Pro60 setup that Boston Acoustics makes.. The speakers fit fine and rear mounting depth can be offset by creating thin spacer out of real thin MDF like material and covering it in black vinyl.. The spacer would go between front of panel and the speaker itself.. I have no 'custom baffles' or any type of mounting other than just to door panel itself (with door creating infinite baffle) and all sounds great!!

R

·
0 Posts
Dougie - sweet setup on the Focal's.....also the steering column cover is pure sweetness.....

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I tried putting the Focals 6.5 in my car and the glass would hit the back of the magnet everytime it came down. So, I ended up replacing it with Dynaudio 6.5 and its fine now.

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
that's sweet is there a kit to convert it to a 6.5 so you have something to mount it to?

·
Registered
589 Posts
toysupra98 said:
I tried putting the Focals 6.5 in my car and the glass would hit the back of the magnet everytime it came down. So, I ended up replacing it with Dynaudio 6.5 and its fine now.

Which ones, These are 165V2's

1 - 20 of 24 Posts