Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone has any pictures of the 91+ stock front door speaker boxes... i scored a few parts from the junkyard today from a 91 and i'm thinkin about going back to swipe the front speaker boxes, but i would like to see what they look like underneathe the door panels

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,985 Posts
That's what you need, but beware they are not boxes, but merely mounts that leave the cone rear in the free air of the door interior. The earlier 4.5" speakers were mounted in a real box with a tuned port coming out of it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hmm... the 6" one doesn't look like it would be very tolerant to aftermaket speakers with significantly different depths.

Which sounds better -- the 4.5" or 6"? I have an '87 with the little 3.5" or 4" ones. I just replaced the factories with some Pioneer speakers, and I still find them lacking in the 100hz-150hz range, which is a very important range, in my opinion.

I would like to retrofit something that would hold its own down to 100hz, where I could cross over to a subwoofer -- which should I go for?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think i'll stick with my stock ones.. i already have kappa's in them, and it doesn't look like a 6inch kappa would fit in those 91 brackets

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
you can cut up the 6" mounts and fiberglass them over to make a sealed box. it's not that hard to do and it doesn't need to look pretty. won't fit a deep speaker very well tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts