Supra Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: pics of my 105mm TB,110mm AMS, drag only intake mani

osofast240 said:
b

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Jesus, that's insane. Supra power in a car that weighs 1/2 as much. That setup crosses the line if sanity.

What kind of ET's/trap speeds are you expecting?? Power??

Please tell me this is still a street car!! :D
I'm guessing so from the working head/tail lights.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
? why so huge .

not to knock you but 105 mm throttle body is a total waste of money.

there are plenty of mustangs in the nmra drag radial class makeing 1200 horses with a 75 mm throttle body.

Mike murillos super street outlaw car makes 1715 rwhp turns 8800 rpm at 350 plus cubes and runs 7.30s with a 90 mm throttle body ..

i make over 1000 horses at my flywheel on my turbo stang with a 70 mm throttle body.
I tried a 90 on it and gained absolutely nothing at the 1000 horse level.

I just dynoed a mustang that made 630 rear wheel horses with a 65 mm throttle body.

under boost a throttle bodys flow is increase as a function of the boost. so that a far far smaller tb then would be needed for a given horsepower level is needed.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Re: ? why so huge .

1fastz said:
not to knock you but 105 mm throttle body is a total waste of money.

there are plenty of mustangs in the nmra drag radial class makeing 1200 horses with a 75 mm throttle body.

Mike murillos super street outlaw car makes 1715 rwhp turns 8800 rpm at 350 plus cubes and runs 7.30s with a 90 mm throttle body ..

i make over 1000 horses at my flywheel on my turbo stang with a 70 mm throttle body.
I tried a 90 on it and gained absolutely nothing at the 1000 horse level.

I just dynoed a mustang that made 630 rear wheel horses with a 65 mm throttle body.

under boost a throttle bodys flow is increase as a function of the boost. so that a far far smaller tb then would be needed for a given horsepower level is needed.
i pay close attention to the NMRA cars. i have seen that non gas cars use smaller Throttle bodies. for some reason the 2jz and other inline6 motors respond better to larger Throttle bodies.

the bullish racing soleras are using a twin 75mm Throttle body setup

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Re: Re: Ford TB?

osofast240 said:

its an aftermarkrt TB
Heh, off a Ford! Throttle response will be "interesting" but if it's a drag only car it'll be binary anyway.

Still running the R200 rear?! That ought to be interesting. The V8 Z guys have managed to break a few of them to say the least. Mine has held up so far with a few seal issues. The CVs are hopefully as strong as the ZXt units. An R230 with TT CVs would be VERY strong but the V8Z guys have had less than great luck getting them resized for our app and it probably wouldn't be a bolt-in for you either. :(

How hard was it to bolt the 2JZ in there? The 240SX is a really neat car IMO, would make a cool street car with a nasty motor in it :) More details plz!

Hrm, and I'd LOVE an intake like that but when I checked into one it was quoted as $1800.:eek: Someone is going to have to show me some HUGE advantages to spending that much cash on a flippin' intake.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Re: Re: Re: Ford TB?

BLKMGK said:

Heh, off a Ford! Throttle response will be "interesting" but if it's a drag only car it'll be binary anyway.

Still running the R200 rear?! That ought to be interesting. The V8 Z guys have managed to break a few of them to say the least. Mine has held up so far with a few seal issues. The CVs are hopefully as strong as the ZXt units. An R230 with TT CVs would be VERY strong but the V8Z guys have had less than great luck getting them resized for our app and it probably wouldn't be a bolt-in for you either. :(

How hard was it to bolt the 2JZ in there? The 240SX is a really neat car IMO, would make a cool street car with a nasty motor in it :) More details plz!

Hrm, and I'd LOVE an intake like that but when I checked into one it was quoted as $1800.:eek: Someone is going to have to show me some HUGE advantages to spending that much cash on a flippin' intake.
im using a MBRC rear end want one $4600 complete

just made some motor mounts

the intake is worth every dime, 80-110hp mabey more depending on your setup.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts