Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I realize FWD sucks, but I didn't buy my car for performance, I needed an econo-box to get to school every day, plus it needs to be winter driven so a high hp RWD car is out of the question, but anyways, it's my first car and I just took some pics and thought I'd show you guys,

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kroze said:
don't put mkiv supra headlights on em.
way ahead of you dude,
I'm not a ricer, it's a FWD car, it's staying pretty much stock, no MKIV front lights, no altezzas, stickers underglow or anything else of the sort,

I think the 6th gen looks great just the way it is :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SuprattJay said:
Hey if u like it... thats what counts
Yeah man, well, like all the other 19 y/o's on here I do plan on getting my hands on a real sports car, something rwd and capable of big hp, the MKIV has always been something that I've lusted after, just can't afford it while paying for school...one day..one day :rolleyes:

·
Registered
648 Posts
i love my celica. it's a 1990, but same engine as you. right now, i have clocked 334 miles with a quarter tank left :) most i ever got from a tank was 422 miles before filling up. you can't beat that. oh and i have never had to fill it more than 13.1 gallons no matter how far i pushed it past empty, and i fill it til it's nearly bubbling out of the tank.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cds01 said:
i love my celica. it's a 1990, but same engine as you. right now, i have clocked 334 miles with a quarter tank left :) you can't beat that. oh and i have never had to fill it more than 13.1 gallons no matter how far i pushed it past empty, and i fill it til it's nearly bubbling out of the tank.
Ah yes the good 'ol 5s-fe :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kroze said:
how much was it
I paid $12,000 CDN for it from a Toyota Dealer, 1 previous owner (a doctor) and only 80,000 kms on it. Bone Stock.

·
Dreamer
1,628 Posts
I like those better than the last gen Celicas. I guess they would be nice, somewhat sporty daily drivers :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Very nice and extremely reliable! MY daily beater/work car is a '92 ST with 230,000 miles and I have yet to change anything but the headlights. Even the clutch still feels good and the car does not drip any oil. I use Mobil 1 and it still gets almost 40 MPG. This is without a doubt the most reliable car I've ever owned.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Tanya said:
such a pity it's FWD though.
being front wheel drive is part of what makes it reliable. people that buy a rwd car instantly think the car is the be all end all of performance, and thrash on it as if it were a sports car. little do they know, they just drive an overweight shitty performance platform that happens to be of a certain drivetrain layout.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,761 Posts
cds01 said:
being front wheel drive is part of what makes it reliable. people that buy a rwd car instantly think the car is the be all end all of performance, and thrash on it as if it were a sports car. little do they know, they just drive an overweight shitty performance platform that happens to be of a certain drivetrain layout.
:rolleyes: pretty ignorant statement, especially to make on a RWD car forum :wtflol:
My RWD Celica was awesome, and I'd still have it today if it wasn't stolen and then wrecked. I sold my 1st and only FWD car within 3 weeks.

·
Registered
648 Posts
:ugh2: wow you're a real sports car enthusiast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess i forgot who i was talking to for a second. so sorry!

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Never really was a big fan of that gen Celica, but it's definitely clean!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
3S-GTE that bastard up!! :D Have fun with those. What wheels are those BTW?

A friend of mine is dropping a 3rd gen 255hp Caldina 3S-GTE into his '98 TRD tuned Celi. He's hoping it'll be done by the end of the summer. I'll try and get pics of it up as soon as possible.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts