·
SLAMPIGS R US....BJBBQFTW
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fresly painted engine bay

IC mounted

GTE thats being swapped into the n/a

freshh 89 3 peice taillights on the 87

still have to touch up the motor and put new HG and turbo...ill post more pics when i go back to workin on it...

·
Broke Supra Addicted Fool
767 Posts
YO you live south of neighborhood road? If so i saw your car the other day! I work in mastic all the time for a company called MASTEC we are a cablevision sub company. If you ever see one of our lil astro vans with a red headed dude outside of it its me and you should say whats up!!! I am just now starting to put a new HG in my supra and she should be up within a week or two. I live right over in Medford...

·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yooo!!! wasap bro....yeah man same goes for you if ya see me diddling with my white junk supra in the driveway....say wasap! haha....shiit if u want ill help ya out with the hg n shyt since i wanna get more involved with supras n shyt....i juss got outa hondas so...im a lil rusty on these supras...but yeah man good to see another supra owner on the island...

·
Formerly Nosechunks
1,071 Posts
damn i saw mastic and i was like no way there talking about the mastic on long island lol. im in port jeff. good to kno theres a few supras out here

Car looks good, looks like its getting done rght, striped and rebuilt from the ground up.

·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nosechunks said:
damn i saw mastic and i was like no way there talking about the mastic on long island lol. im in port jeff. good to kno theres a few supras out here

Car looks good, looks like its getting done rght, striped and rebuilt from the ground up.
thnx man....oh btw do u have a black 93.5-98 and chill by the port sometimes in the summer? cuz a few times when i went thats the only one i seen there..

·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If this wasnt a project, idk what is......swapping harness's...87 to 89t. damn. first time btw...

·
Registered
358 Posts
What harness are you changing? You don't need to do all that to change the engine harness, you changing ALL the wiring? What a pita lol. Goodluck with everything, looking good.

·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i hadda change the harness cuz the plugs were different on the computer and my car didnt come with turbo or abs so....yeah i hadda change it....plus its only the harness from the dash to the headlights....not all the way back (thank god)

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
SlpyEyedSpoolin said:
yeah i hadda change the harness cuz the plugs were different on the computer and my car didnt come with turbo or abs so....yeah i hadda change it....plus its only the harness from the dash to the headlights....not all the way back (thank god)

Pretty sure all you needed was the engine harness, not the body harness.

And if I recall correctly, QWIKSTRIKE is in Mastic, NY as well.

·
Registered
358 Posts
blackout_89t said:
Pretty sure all you needed was the engine harness, not the body harness.

And if I recall correctly, QWIKSTRIKE is in Mastic, NY as well.
Ya =/ all you had to do was pull out the glove box...

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
SlpyEyedSpoolin said:
....i juss got outa hondas...
Good Move HONDAS SUCK =)

·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i tried to juss swap engine harnesses but the harness from the 89 had different plugs by the ecu, plus i wanted the abs and stock turbo boost guage....ohh and the speedometer needle was messed up in my n/a cluster....

where does that guy in mastic live?!?! i never seen one out here....well...once in the summer for 2 min...haha...

·
Broke Supra Addicted Fool
767 Posts
DONT do the abs... our system is archaic and youll be happier without it...

Your car running yet nosechunks???

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
SlpyEyedSpoolin said:
yeah i tried to juss swap engine harnesses but the harness from the 89 had different plugs by the ecu, plus i wanted the abs and stock turbo boost guage....ohh and the speedometer needle was messed up in my n/a cluster....

where does that guy in mastic live?!?! i never seen one out here....well...once in the summer for 2 min...haha...

A GTE engine harness has the ABS, and all the extra turbo wirring. Just needed to get a matching harness/ecu depending on the year of either the harness/ecu. Body harnesses are the same for the most part and would not effect any of the stuff you mentioned. :) Speedo-cable is also seperate of the body and engine harness.

I don't remember where in Mastic QWIK is, only been down there once and its far from home for me so I don't remember the area. :)

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
flinstones powerd MKIII? where the fuck did the floor go or am i just seeing shit.

·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well...i was kinda broke at the time so im ok with what i got (the 89t stuff) so im puttin all that in...fuk it...it'll work...the job is already started so...ohh well hahaaaa....

lmao yeah that carpet is diiiiiirrrrtyyyy....cuz i do the work in my backyard wich isnt too dirt-less...lol...but its all good cuz i got some SIK new maroon interior....shit is mint....if i was to BUY; i'd choose grey but since i got it for free AND its mint...maroon is great...

this is the reason for my "flinstone" floors hah...btw the mess is cuz of 2 renovations...my house and obviously the whiiiiiiiiiiiiiip :) :) :) :) :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts