·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

made myself

·
Registered
929 Posts
i've been looking for pics of custom made downpipes. does yours connect directly to the y-pipe? i'm thinking of making one myself soon.

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
sweet... haha I like the 1JZ power touch to it. A lot better then what I could do. Great work!!

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
write some more on it...put JDM TYTE CKPOWAR!!! or some shit

:cool:

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's 3 inch 4 inch would be a squeze but i will do it sometime. the reason it is all cut up looking is i dont have a welder at my house... every weld was test fitted and then taken to classs where i could weld it.. pain in the ass

Thanks for the kind words.. it was a pain to do.. but worth it.. specialy since it's personalized.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol..... well it's custom fitted for my 1jz with this manifold.. I could make more...

The welds look really shitty since this was basicaly my first ferw times welding aluminized steel, or tubing for that matter.

·
Registered
929 Posts
what kind of welder was used? i tried welding for the first time the other day using my friends cheap 90v mig welder non-gas and it looked horrible, but it works though at least.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats all tigged.

E

·
0 Posts
Pipe fitment looks pretty good. Have you thought about going over the welds with no filler and a pulser? It is usually pretty easy to get good looking welds this way. A few of your welds look cold... Crank that heat some and get full penetration.

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Looks great CK! Is it possible to just grind down the welds and make it smoother, or is it too thin? Again, great work!

Trev

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I could I just havent... I'm gonna have it coated sometime...

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
oooohhhhhhhh shiny. I'd take that over a BIC downpipe anyday... :bigthumb:

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
wow

you hold the record for the most amount of pieces of pipe in a single downpipe

how many hours did that take?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts