Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing my K&N intake on my 97 NA 5-Speed MKIV. Here are some pics.
Does this look safe though? I haven't test drove my car yet. I bolted it real good with the tiny bolts I got from autozone. I have a AFC II and it came with my supra when I bought it but the intake was not installed, the k&n filter came on the side. Do I have to tune anything on AFC II or you think it will all adjust? I still have stock exhaust though and titan cams installed when I bought it, but I dont understand why the person had the apexi afcii installed in the car when he only had cams and the intake previously installed.
OH WELL, but here are the pics.

·
11,221 Posts
Hmm you seem to have a 98 style MAF. That's fairly odd. Either that or my stock MAF is odd.

Mine is round on both ends. 2.5" on the inlet and 3.0" on the outlet.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
see, I bought my supra from an online dealer and they told me all the obvious mods on the car they saw. There were things I found in the car that they didnt tell me like there was an afcii in the glovebox, which they never checked or told me about, and there were titan cams installed and a brand new battery , and an K&N filter that came on the side with the car.
SO you are trying to tell me that my maf is from an 98 mkiv, does that help the performance?
Or you might have been mistaken, the big round that where the filter tightens on was customly bolted on by me; I forgot to take pics of the car without the round adapter.

·
11,221 Posts
Well I'm saying I *think* it's a 98 MAF. My 97 has round and I have a buddy who has a 98 and yours look like his. As long as it's an OBDII MAF, it should all be the same.

On the dealer that didn't know wtf was in the car, it seems like that worked out to your advantage ;) .

·
Banned
2,060 Posts
no that isnt a 98 maf. the 98 maf u cant attach the round filter on it because the maf is connect to the airbox. the only way is to cut it in order to make it look like that. also the mass air meter doesnt look like that

93-97

and this is how my intake looks like

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This is what the air box looked like before I installed the K&N.

And also where did you get the other end of the piping? I want to change that out on my supra.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
love that supercharger setup, get the air intake piped somewhere else though, sucking it right off the exhaust manifold is not optimal....

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Anymore pics of that supra with the supercharger setup?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SupraDupra_17 said:
Check to see what settings the AFC is set to.
What kind of settings should I look for. I have never used an AFC before. I dont mess with it and just leave the afc in my glove box.
Can you tell me the steps to figure out the settings. I know how to get back to the main menu where it shows: Monitor, Settings, ETC.
Then what?

THANK YOU

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
From the main menu you select settings, then you can check the Hi Throttle, Lo Throttle and the Th point, among other things. The AFC might not even be tuned...

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
toyotasupra916 said:
no that isnt a 98 maf. the 98 maf u cant attach the round filter on it because the maf is connect to the airbox. the only way is to cut it in order to make it look like that. also the mass air meter doesnt look like that

93-97

and this is how my intake looks like
I'm seeing a lot of things I really like!

you got a website where i can find some of these things? I'd be interestedi n the pipe for the stick air box. I just droped a laod on a nitrous kit so I think I'll have to wait on a supercharger

·
11,221 Posts
toyotasupra916 said:
If you notice, I don't even think his MAF is round. He is bolting it to the K&N adapter or whatever he's using.

------------------

This is what my 97 MAF looks like:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts