Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be upgrading to single soon with some fuel mods and a set of deep lipped Work miester 3 pc wheels are on order should arive mid june.
I will post better pics next week with some minor body mods I am doing (repainting bumpers and a wise front lip)





 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,619 Posts
Must have been tedious switching all the US-legal VIN tags on to this car, huh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
you sure are a man of few words, care to elaborate any further? If it is not legalized as a Lexus WHAT is it legalized AS?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,291 Posts
So how is that possible then? If it was marketed as a LHD car here in the states, I thought there was no way in hell you could legalize it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TTurboXFD3s said:
probably purchased it from someone who had it legalized.
exactly it obviously was legalized. I did not post pics of the car to tell everyone how its legalized and so forth. Just to share pics.
I didnt legalize the car, I have no idea how to. I just bought a legalized car. Its very simple actually.
Now since I have that out of the way what are your opinions on interior. Should I re-do it in leather or put some black brides in it?
 

·
2jz powered
Joined
·
1,652 Posts
looks nice. how much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? i wouldn't mind a rhd soarer to go with my 2jzgte sc300 :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
DAMN! Now that's just simply badass! LHD, illegal or not, your SC300 is very clean and unique. Whether or not it's a bitch when going through drive thru's, you know for a fact that a lot of guys wish their cars were RHD.
 

·
MSB for Life! :D
Joined
·
1,004 Posts
VINZE said:
DAMN! Now that's just simply badass! LHD, illegal or not, your SC300 is very clean and unique. Whether or not it's a bitch when going through drive thru's, you know for a fact that a lot of guys wish their cars were RHD.
lol i never thought about that.

great car btw. incredibly immaculate. maybe some black/grey seats to go with the interior, unless you want to change everything to black.
 

·
YA U LOSE ASSHAT
Joined
·
39 Posts
RHD Soarer said:
exactly it obviously was legalized. I did not post pics of the car to tell everyone how its legalized and so forth. Just to share pics.
I didnt legalize the car, I have no idea how to. I just bought a legalized car. Its very simple actually.
Now since I have that out of the way what are your opinions on interior. Should I re-do it in leather or put some black brides in it?
its not really LEGALIZED it just kinded fell throw a loophole.......if its was legal it would have a US VIN REPLACEMENT that goes under the glass on the left A pillar about halfway up......just like the skyline at work does
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
Oh ya if you plan on going with some Bride seats, Bride has a new seat that has a Carbon/Kevlar shell that are fully reclinable and are very light weight. I don't know if you like the Cobra Misanos but they look exactly like them. It might be a while till we start seeing them though.
 

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
Joined
·
2,723 Posts
Supras and Soarers are different then Skylines. Since Supras and SC300's were shipped to the US they all have the same style vin tags unlike Skylines that were Jap only. Now Skylines cant be imported, except by MOTO-REX and non-obd2, since crash testing was never done for us regulations, smog, and is super expensive (thank rex0 bla bla bla. This can go on all day. You need to think outside the box, have connections and be willing to bend the law. Currently have a JDM MR2 turbo on the way to Canada with a Supra in the works.
 

·
YA U LOSE ASSHAT
Joined
·
39 Posts
Hands On said:
Supras and Soarers are different then Skylines. Since Supras and SC300's were shipped to the US they all have the same style vin tags unlike Skylines that were Jap only. Now Skylines cant be imported, except by MOTO-REX and non-obd2, since crash testing was never done for us regulations, smog, and is super expensive (thank rex0 bla bla bla. This can go on all day. You need to think outside the box, have connections and be willing to bend the law. Currently have a JDM MR2 turbo on the way to Canada with a Supra in the works.
just like i said LOOPHOLE-bend the law what ever it takes........and skyline's were not jap only they just didn't come here....but hey im just saying cool if u can get away with it........and NICE CAR BY THE WAY :bigthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hands On said:
Supras and Soarers are different then Skylines. Since Supras and SC300's were shipped to the US they all have the same style vin tags unlike Skylines that were Jap only. Now Skylines cant be imported, except by MOTO-REX and non-obd2, since crash testing was never done for us regulations, smog, and is super expensive (thank rex0 bla bla bla. This can go on all day. You need to think outside the box, have connections and be willing to bend the law. Currently have a JDM MR2 turbo on the way to Canada with a Supra in the works.
vin number is diff from USDM
I dont know how it was done but I really dont care, all I kow is I have it :bigthumb:
Oh ya if you plan on going with some Bride seats, Bride has a new seat that has a Carbon/Kevlar shell that are fully reclinable and are very light weight. I don't know if you like the Cobra Misanos but they look exactly like them. It might be a while till we start seeing them though.
yeah I was looking at those...I think they are called low maxes...really sweet.

Thanks for the props guys, once I get the wheels, front lip and polish up my FMIC I will post pics.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top