Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my track M3 project started last year, I figured I needed a nice tow vehincle to pull the trailer with. I was able to talk the wife into giving up the S4 and picked up a Cayenne S. Car has been stock until a few weeks ago when I put some wheels and springs on it.

Car with the 22" OZ Canyons (no springs)

Lowered with H&R Springs

I absolutely love this car. I wasn't too sure about the whole SUV thing, but I really enjoy driving it (whenever the wife lets me :bigthumb: )

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen a Cayenne towing something. I think it would be a bit odd. Pretty baller SUV though...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Shame said:
I don't think I've ever seen a Cayenne towing something. I think it would be a bit odd. Pretty baller SUV though...:bigthumb:
It actually has a 7800lb towing capacity. With the weight of the M3 being right around 2500lbs with a 1000lb aluminum trailer, I hope to be ok with it.

(I actually used an old '89 blazer for a few initial trips to/from tampa towing the M3. Now that was a scary ride. I remember a truck passing me on the highway, and me and the trailer went 2 lanes over. Fun ride!!!)

·
592 Posts
With the drop and new wheels it looks sweet

·
Addicted to // TRD
283 Posts
I don't know what it is, but I've always love your Supra. It is one clean looking ride. I just love everything about it. My little brother have your Supra for his destop. Sorry to get off topic hehe. I have to add that comment because I saw you post this thread and never have the chance to tell you this before. Let me know if you ever want to sell it again. Hopefully I can afford it. But then again, I'm pretty sure many people would probably jump on it before I get a chance. I love my Supra and all, but wouldn't hurt to get another one. If I do have the money and a chance to own another Supra, it would be a 98 black 6spd, low miles and extremely clean condition. I guess I'm describing yours huh? :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
hi there!

gotta love the cayennes! my father drives a grey cayenne turbo... did you get it second hand or did you place an order yourself at Porsche? i see you have the sports exhaust tips, which is a MUST HAVE...we dont have them :( how many miles is on it, because you can get a Cayenne Turbo with good specs for about the same price as a top speced S! because you have to pay for stuff that the Turbo comes with without having to pay extra, for example the tiptronic s tranny!

overall beautiful car, and i love the rims!

take care,
Yann

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
N2fishin - thank you very much. I have gone back and forth considering selling it a few times, since I really never drive it, but everytime I get close to getting rid of it, I back out. I just can't do it. I guess I like knowing that its there if I ever want to take it out, and there really is nothing out there that I am excited about that could replace the Supra.

zooyorker - we ordered it new with decent options but nothing too insane. I got it mid 2005, and back then the only Turbo's for close to our order price were high mileage 2004 models. I would definitely love to step up to the Turbo model though. Maybe sometime in the future, although the wife keeps trying to convince me that its her car and I am not to mess with it :D

Thanks for all the comments guys.

No real good pics of the M3 yet. Its really a work-in progress and should be done in a couple of months. Will definitely post some pics of the entire family of cars when the M3 comes out completed.

·
Registered
619 Posts
hyboost said:
N2fishin - thank you very much. I have gone back and forth considering selling it a few times, since I really never drive it, but everytime I get close to getting rid of it, I back out. I just can't do it. I guess I like knowing that its there if I ever want to take it out, and there really is nothing out there that I am excited about that could replace the Supra.

zooyorker - we ordered it new with decent options but nothing too insane. I got it mid 2005, and back then the only Turbo's for close to our order price were high mileage 2004 models. I would definitely love to step up to the Turbo model though. Maybe sometime in the future, although the wife keeps trying to convince me that its her car and I am not to mess with it :D

Thanks for all the comments guys.

No real good pics of the M3 yet. Its really a work-in progress and should be done in a couple of months. Will definitely post some pics of the entire family of cars when the M3 comes out completed.

oh right i see... well im sure the S does the trick for you at the moment! we have a 2006 model...i say if you would sometime upgrade to a turbo you should really consider the panoramic roof, trust me it is very very cool... do you know if the sport exhaust tips can be bought and replace the "stock" ones?

Kind regards,
Yann

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
The exhaust tips can be bought separately. For your turbo model, it should be pretty easy to install. For the S and V6 models, they have to replace the lower portion of the bumper with the Turbo version, since the regular exhaust is a single tip with a narrower opening (unless the S or V6 is ordered with the Sports exhaust, and then it comes with the other bumper from the factory, which is how we got it. I didn't want to deal with having to paint anything later on.)

·
Registered
619 Posts
oh okay thankyou for the info!!! i looked in the booklet i have from the car, they are about 1000 dollars...
again, nice car!

do you have any pictures of your supra you could send me? would you mind ? my email is [email protected]

Take care,
Yannick

1 - 20 of 54 Posts