Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally!! A fan kit worthy of the Supra!! Thanks to AAP Motorsports for making it, I've been wanting something like this for years.

I had to share some pics of this kit because I'm personally excited about it. Thanks to Steve K. for the pics, this shows the kit installed on his car.

This kit is a bolt-on to every radiator: OEM, Fluidyne, Griffin, PWR, Koyo. Note on the Fluidyne only it requires one bracket to be bent 180-degrees around which is rather simple to do (pliers).

This kit includes 2 of the highest flowing Zirgo fans available. The stock clutch fan produces 3,300 CFM of air. The dual Flex-A-Lite fans produce a low 1,200 CFM. This dual fan kit produces 3,350 to 3,400 CFM! No more worries of overheating by installing an aftermarket kit!

The price includes the custom shroud and both fans, fully assembled and ready to install! All you do is wire it up to anything that gets power power when you start your Supra (alternator for example). No thermostat necessary!

Look how awesome it looks installed on a Supra!!

It is available in polished for $399 and unpolished (standard aluminum look) for $349 if you don't like the bling factor. In stock at MVP, on our website in the Cooling Components section of the MKIV Supra section. Fits NA and TT, all years.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Registered
770 Posts
this is the same one on display at TX2k5? if so, I can vouch for the look of these, though the picture of the uninstalled unit does not do it justice, gorgeous piece of kit, nice and shiny .. oh yeah, and functional too ;)

Dusty, could I get dimensions on the 'shroud' part, and the lengths of the tabs used for mounting. I just got a PWR, and I had them build a trans cooler into it (handy being in same country as manufacturer), from the look of it, it should clear, but just want to be sure.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Wow! I have been wanting this for a while!

Dusty, any ideas on the amperage draw of these bad boys? Tell me I don't need a mega-buck alternator. :sadwavey:

Reactions: GotToyota?

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYRARMS said:
Wow! I have been wanting this for a while!

Dusty, any ideas on the amperage draw of these bad boys? Tell me I don't need a mega-buck alternator. :sadwavey:

Each fan pulls 7 amps, +/- 0.5. So at the MOST this kit pulls 15 amps!!

The Flex-A-Lite 220's we've been selling and installing for 7 years draws 19.5 amps and there has never been a problem with them.

Big alternator absolutely not required!

Dusty

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quick_dry said:
this is the same one on display at TX2k5? if so, I can vouch for the look of these, though the picture of the uninstalled unit does not do it justice, gorgeous piece of kit, nice and shiny .. oh yeah, and functional too ;)

Dusty, could I get dimensions on the 'shroud' part, and the lengths of the tabs used for mounting. I just got a PWR, and I had them build a trans cooler into it (handy being in same country as manufacturer), from the look of it, it should clear, but just want to be sure.

Yes - same thing as I had on display at Tx2k5.
The shroud is 29x19" and the tabs stick out about 1" extra.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Josh M said:
Whats the big advantage of this over the PHR fans and such?
Since Josh can't read...

a) More CFM than FAL or OEM.

b) Less amp draw than FAL.

c) Pimp-ass shroud.

:p

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks to blk magic and chucky doll i saved money and got more than 3,400 CFM !!! . I have seen this fan setup in person on their drag car.. very nice unit. This unit is worth the $ and includes no problems.Just my .02. :D A.J.

·
2jz powered
1,667 Posts
what size fans does this use?

·
Registered
644 Posts
WOW really great , Since i have some high temps , i'm really intersted in this ...

but, Do you think Dusty you could show a pic for the none polished kit ? And a pic of the kit from the back ...

i have duel FAL right now and i'm still having high temp ...

i have the stock Raditor > So this will fit with no problem , right ?

Regards,

Yousef

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It fits the stock radiator fine per my description in the original post I made.

I don't have any non-polished in stock to take a picture of at this time. Its a standard unpolished aluminum look.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I'll be ordering these soon! I hate my current fans that overheat.

·
Registered
294 Posts
any idea on max hp before upgrade needed with these?

Dusty,

Any idea with a single kit, how much rwhp the stock radiator outfitted with these fans could withstand? I am looking into single kits like the SP63, 67, no larger, for my 94 A/T with what is now a 3200 single disk stall, but what will be most likely a 3800 or 4000 when I go single. (Looking for about 600-650 on race gas at about 25psi, or about 550rwhp on 94 at about 18.5 psi).I would also do trans. coolers, and this setup with or without a stock radiator or Fluidyne wouldn't create crowding problems with trans. coolers would it?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
An aftermarket trans cooler will not interfere with this. I wouldn't go single turbo with the stock radiator though, you need to upgrade that. If you don't it will make you soon enough. The top of the stock radiator is plastic, it WILL blow up on you, its just a matter of time. But to answer your question, no you will not have fitment issues.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There is a weight savings but I don't know how much, I haven't had a stock fan system around in a while. Next time I get one I'll weigh it. This kit weighs only 7 pounds!!

AAP called me and asked if I could commit to buying a lot of them so they could justify producing it. I told them of course because it was such a nice product. That is how a lot of the Supra parts come to exist - someone calls me and asks me to commit to X quantity and if I do they'll make it.

Regards,

Dusty

1 - 20 of 194 Posts