Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pics of 2jz power steering line installed... I'm trying to figure out why this doens't seem to want to work.

Thx

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Whats not working? The short end goes to the rack and the long end goes to the pump.. The U just bolts up to the underside of the lower timing cover IIRC. Eh.. someone will have pics. :)

·
12,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually i got it now.. Just want to see some pics of where the return line goes now?

Also on the ps pump there looks like there is a thread for another line to go there?

Where does that go? To the resivoir?

Thanks,

BTW pics would help! ;)

I got the 2j line hooked up just wondering about the rest

BTW do you still use the 7m lines that go to the front of the car to cool the PS? Or is that little bit that the 2j has enough.

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Those PS lines across the front...those are what I use for the hydro fan cooler. I don't run a PS cooler of any sort and I haven't had a problem (running redline PS fluid) I will have to take a pic because the PS is VERY easy.

Trev

·
12,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please do.. So I'm guessing that I have the return form the rack going to the other peice of the pump or something?

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
It is REALLY an easy set up that I did. I gotta go to work right now, but later on I will post pics and some details....VERY simple though.

Trev

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
hey zazzn, if you have any questions you can PM me.

·
12,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thx jewish,

I got your line hooked up correcly but I'm wondering what goes above that? There was a return line that was a hardline form the 7m. I just removed it but I have a feeling i need to put it back....

Do we need to use the whole cooling path of the 7m (that goes to the front) or so I just route that back to the resivoir or something?

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
the upper one is the return line from the rack to the resivior. IF you dont have the ps cooler, there is a hose on your 7m ps return line that works perfect. just route from rack to resivior.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
btw, the stock 7m return piece... use it. It connects to the rack, its about 5" long, connect the 7m ps return line to that.

·
12,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi jewish,

Yeah I kinda looked at it tonight when I wasn't tired.. and I was like shit.. I'm a fool.. lol..

But the only question remaining is wtf to do about the PS line for that you sold me on the PS pump.....It has another outlet? Do you just block it?

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
heres a picture of what goes there. You should still have it from your original ps setup. you dont need any caps or vac lines on it, just leave it alone.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
that should fix it

·
12,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh shit I see now Ok good I'll fix that.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
you got the return right, but its facing the wrong way. turn it the opposite direction, 180 degrees.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
im pretty sure you dont have the ps resivior, cause if you install the resivior its pretty obvious how the return line should be setup.

·
12,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i do have the resivoir but the mounting locations are all messed up because they where bent form the last owner since he didn't have a supra

·
12,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ah ok my ps resivor is a NA so thats why it doesn't fit (well mount normally

1 - 20 of 36 Posts