Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, same problem as before, too many hands under the hood.

I have a 90 7M-GTE. I didn't take the fuel rail off, so I don't know how it goes back together. I looked at the TSRM but it's just too vague and the pics not detailed enough. I've got the injectors installed and the rail bolted up. There are three threaded holes on top. Front hole is for the fuel pressure regulator and that's installed also. There are two holes toward the back, anyone have pics of this? It's certainly help get it back together. Thanks.

· Registered
98 Posts
Before I start taking anything apart I always take a shit load of pictures with my digital camera to reference back to when reassembling. Help is always cool to have but sometimes its more trouble than its worth.

· Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have just refused the help. One friend that was "helping", I just cringed when he showed up. He loves to tear things apart, but you can tell by the 15 + cars and 8 quads in his garage/driveway/yard that he never manages to get any of it back together. Give him a hammer, saw, and a prybar... he'll take anything apart.

Anyway, the threaded peice threaded into the fuel rail closest to the camera in the pic above... anything more detailed on that? I'm wondering about the copper washers on that one. I'm either missing one or I'm wrong about how it all goes together.

· Night in the Ruts
979 Posts
The hole towards the middle is for your cold start injector, which is mounted under the intake in the middle.
The hole at the back is your fuel "In" from the fuel pump.
You need a copper washer on the top and bottom of the banjo joint, or now may be a good time to run fuel line, and a new pressure regulator, and put your own fittings in there.....

· Registered
17 Posts
Use new copper washers, they're available in kits for cheap. I've been dealing with Banjo fittings since my first MG and using new copper washers is a #1 rule.
They're made to deform to the mating surfaces and seal like a gasket. This is doubly important on our archaic braking systems.

The fitting on the top front end is your fuel pressure regulator, a hard pipe goes from there down between the #2 & #3 intake runners to a hose attached to another hard pipe on the mechanical fuel pump delete plate. There's a threaded hole on the side of fuel rail above the #2 intake runner for a clip to hold the hard pipe.

The top rear is your fuel inlet/damper, a hose runs to a hard line near the VSV & on to the banjo fitting attached to the driver's side engine mount.

The top center is the supply for the starting injector.

The spacers between the rail and head go black bits up.

Without looking at any pictures I'm pretty sure your injector plugs go Brown-Green-Brown-Green starting at the front of the engine. Someone might want to check me on that.

· Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there anything I can do to eliminator the banjo fittings? Fuel lines that thread straight into the rail and inline pressure regulator or something? I can't find new copper crush washers and they're leaking like an MFer

Needs some help, thanks.

· Registered
125 Posts
Okay, have been trying to call SupraSport. I get a message that the cellular customer I'm calling isn't accepting calls at this time? Anyone know what gives?
Waiting for the new phone from ATT. You can call me on my direct line at 651-439-3625...I have plenty on hand

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.