Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Does anybody have pics on how to install and secure the G-RAcer frontbumper and Bomex sideskirts?

When you install the Bomex sides, do you install them on top of the stock plastic sill that is between the door and frame? (I hope you know what i mean) It is attached with foor screws if I remember correctly. Or do you remove it completely and just put the sideskirt at its place?

I also would like to get pics how did people secure the G-RAcer knock-off frontbumper to the stock bumper support?

Thanks!

Krister

·
got sup
1,553 Posts
The sideskirts you have to take of the front mud flaps. Here is the easiest way to install them open your door and place the part of the skirt that goes inside the door and slowly shut the door and allow it to keep it in place.Now bold up the skirts from the front and back and finally open up the door and drill the holes and install screws.

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
skeeter019 said:
The sideskirts you have to take of the front mud flaps. Here is the easiest way to install them open your door and place the part of the skirt that goes inside the door and slowly shut the door and allow it to keep it in place.Now bold up the skirts from the front and back and finally open up the door and drill the holes and install screws.
What about the plastic thing inside the door? What do you with it? I mean the one that is attached with four screws? Do you ditch it or install it on top of the sideskirt lip that comes inside the car?

·
got sup
1,553 Posts
Do you have replica sideskirts or real bomex, my real bomex ones i didnt have to mess with that plastic peice it didnt go up that far.

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
skeeter019 said:
Do you have replica sideskirts or real bomex, my real bomex ones i didnt have to mess with that plastic peice it didnt go up that far.
I have the replica sideskirts, do you have any pics of the real ones?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Go to Bomex site. There is instruction.

·
got sup
1,553 Posts
I dont have any pic of my real ones i did somehwere but can find them. but basically they look like the picture on the bomex instalition page.

·
Registered
942 Posts
my real bomex ones came up that far. i place the rocker plate on top of the side skirts, and they fit fine except that the bottom of the door does graze them from time to time. i would guess that this is the right way to install them.

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Justin727 said:
no one is willing to wait on boomex thats why people buy knock off's
Yup, and I read that when Bomex lowered their prices, the quality also went down. So if you buy good knock offs you might even get better ones than the originals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts