Supra Forums banner

Picture: Where does this turbo air tube bracket bolt to?

737 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  mysupraisquick 
#1 ·
Gents,

While working on the front end of the engine bay I noticed that my intercooler air tube was missing a bracket that bolts it down. I ordered it but when I tried to put it together I can't seem to find where it goes. The previous owner seems to have removed all of the under engine plastic covers. I'm guessing it bolts to one of those?

Pic of bracket below. The tube seems to be pretty snug. Not sure if I even need it.

Thanks.

See less See more
#7 ·
@EUSup something looks strange to me about your lower radiator support. Do you have a picture zoomed out some to better show the whole thing? It doesn't appear to follow the contours/dimension of the stock supports I'm used to seeing. That textured piece below the radiator...that isn't some kind of cover over the support itself is it? Does your support have the 3 "tabs" coming off it on the radiator side with the threaded nuts on them?

#8 ·
I'll try and get another picture next time I'm underneath the car. But it definitely does not have the three tabs. The textured piece you see is the radiator support. I recently gave it a bit of a rough paint job and the texture is from painting too quickly. I took my time with the top of the support, sanded it all down and gave it a pretty good paint job. I wish I would have taken pictures.

Honestly I thought that the support looked different because of the active spoiler that it used to have. But it could also be that the previous owner had a metal piece welded in. I'm not totally sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.