Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I got my HPF turbo kit today; it took about 7 days to reach the other side of the world :D

As the car needs to be tuned the upcoming Monday, I started right away to install all the pieces that came with the kit. First of all I must say that the craftsmanship is perfect, especially all the piping/header is a 1. class job well done. Right now I’m test fitting all the bigger parts in order to make sure that my cat back and IC piping will fit, until now it indeed looks nice. Tomorrow I will go out and have a few things adjusted in order to fit my specific setup and hopefully it will run next Saturday.

The turbo I have chosen is the T66 with the BB option, later I will hook up to one of the new Garrett GT40R DBB units when it is available in Denmark. The engine is freshly built with almost all the internals being performance parts. The head is fully race prepped and fitted with HK$ cams. Fuel is no problem as it is controlled by AEM :D

I’m hoping to get into the 600 range with this engine setup and hopefully join the 7Mpower club as the first Dane/European Supra owner.

Here are a few pictures from the installation process:

Best regards from Denmark

Karsten Horn

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Karsten

kit looks nice :)

does the kit include turbo to intercooler piping or at least the turbo discharge pipe? I don't see it in the picture.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello

My fuelling consists of two Walbro pumps in the tank together with 720 ccm injectors, on top of it I have the AEM controlling a Meth. injection kit made by Derek. This will be enough for a solid 600 rwhp. When running high boost I will use some "homemade" race fuel.

As I'm in a big hurry to have the car running and I have a fully custom built IC, I will make that piping locally tomorrow.

Later
Karsten Horn

·
Registered
231 Posts
wow... hold da kæft det ser godt ud Karsten, synd jeg ik har råd til at komme til påsketræf... skal spare så jeg kan få min med til ESM :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello

It looks like it is close from that angle but actually there are more than enough room for the engine to move around a little. It kind of sits behind the tower and there is about 2" of free space between.

Later
Karsten Horn

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
the kit looks mint in the car...congrats.

the manifolds in the HPF kit look like the ebay manifolds. Are they the same? On the HPF site the manifolds look EXACT even where the welds are located and everything.
If this is the case the HPF kits are damn overpriced in my opinion.

·
Banned
942 Posts
Spoolin Turbo said:
the kit looks mint in the car...congrats.

the manifolds in the HPF kit look like the ebay manifolds. Are they the same? On the HPF site the manifolds look EXACT even where the welds are located and everything.
If this is the case the HPF kits are damn overpriced in my opinion.
The comparisons to the Ebay manifold have been suggested before. The manifolds in our HPF turbo kits were designed by us and sent overseas for reproduction. As the Ebay manifold is made overseas as well this creates the appearance that they are the same manifold. Looking at two separate pipes or two separate headers that are similar in appearances can and are often drastically different. In this case, our manifolds are drastically different.

Our manifold has several weeks of development for the optimal placement of each and every runner, the wastegate and the turbo itself. Our manifold will fit every precision and turbonetics turbo from a 61 to a 88. Our manifold allows for the ideal placement of a 3.5" downpipe providing the largest clearance possible. Our manifold provides turbo placement that still allows a strut tower bar and the hood to close. Our manifold allows you to keep your stock oil filter location without needing a relocation kit, and our manifold is indeed made of T-321 stainless.

Many others on this forum have purchased the Ebay manifold and I've spoken with a few of them that were very disappointed that their manifold did not fit as they would have hoped and signification modifications were required.

If somebody wants our design and wants a kit that includes a massive 3.5" polished stainless downpipe, 3.5" polished stainless mid-pipe, HPF wastegate, intake pipe, K&N filter, V-band flanged piping with flanges, silicon coupler, oil return piping, every fitting, gasket and bolt necessary that's been built and tested by us then they can purchase our kit. If others want to attempt to piece a kit together based on the Ebay manifold and go down the same road that others have gone that is also an option. Those that do will not be getting our manifold despite what several have suggested.

Karsten... Keep in touch. I look forward to seeing the results.

Take care,
Chris.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I have a feeling there are going to be some 7M's putting out some huge numbers with this turbo kit. I have no dought that this kit with a 67mm turbo will make an easy 10 second car with stock heads and cams.

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
For the completly developed kit with a turbo the price they are asking for is not bad at all.

Can you do it for less on Ebay? Sure, But, will it fit right and will you "save" money...? Good question.

Let's look at a few things.
1. No crack lifetime warrenty from HPF. (Not possible from Ebay.)
2. It fits out of the box. (Not possible from Ebay.)
3. 321 v/s 304. Crack reistance is better, and if you want the shine, 321 is the way to go. (304 dulls faster.)

Other side of the arguement is saving some coin dealing with the fitment headaches yourself. (It all depends on how much your time is worth, and how many mods and concessions need to be made to fit the Ebay manifold to our cars.)

I know on the first batch from SSAutochrome, the oil filter mount and other problems were supposed to be fixed on the second run. They are made from 304ss. The WG flange is different in the way it's located. The Turbo flange appears to be slightly different in location too, and the HPF is open v/s divided on the Ebay unit.

If you can't do it yourself, fabrication time is very expensive. It appears the HPF kit needs little or no fabrication at all.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts