Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.... Im researching about which route should i take in going NA-t. I got all the parts I need down packed. Now im at which route should i go regarding engine management. 1st i thought, since im "starting" off with around 350hp would i be able to use a tt supra ecu in my sc (1993 5spd). Then I came across using a piggyback but those will need to be retuned eventually. Now im looking at a standalone but I have no idea which one is good, except for Wolf 3d. Which would you guys recomend starting off with. This is the 1st car im turbo charging
Thanks

·
Addicted to Boost
315 Posts
for 350whp, go with safc2, it most cost efficent, if you want great tuning and whatnot i say go with AEM.

safc2, 440cc injectors, and lexus v8 maf, seems to be a good choice these days for 300hp range NA-T guys

..its what im doing.

·
2JZ NA-T
5,412 Posts
for that horsepower range i say go piggy back, aem is a good good good ems, but for your powergoals an SAFCII would b plenty, if you go with a lexus v8maf and upgraded injectors i have a Black SAFCII for sale right now, if ure interested pm me, its already tuned with 525cc injectors, im making 370rwhp

·
Registered
951 Posts
NA-Sc3 said:
Hey guys.... Im researching about which route should i take in going NA-t. I got all the parts I need down packed. Now im at which route should i go regarding engine management. 1st i thought, since im "starting" off with around 350hp would i be able to use a tt supra ecu in my sc (1993 5spd). Then I came across using a piggyback but those will need to be retuned eventually. Now im looking at a standalone but I have no idea which one is good, except for Wolf 3d. Which would you guys recomend starting off with. This is the 1st car im turbo charging
Thanks
i was safc ii/vpc, then map ecu, now my car is currently down as i'm still waiting for a few more parts to get here until i finish installing my AEM. so i can't speak for the AEM yet, but i was sick of dealing with piggy backs. your never going to get your car to run as good as it were stock. but the best you will get it to run is going to be with an AEM. then again I am OBDII so I didn't get the chance to try OBDI ecu with safc ii /vpc or v8 maf. i bought an obdi ecu but never wasted my time, i ended up buying AEM. still have the OBDI ecu for sale if anyone want's it. it's for the manual tranny

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am 5spd and Im obd1 since my car is a 93. Im still tryna figure out the best way to start off with. A shop said to go with a stand alone thats 1500 that probally will cost more than the turbo. But im kinda leaning toward the afc

·
Torturing a W58...
260 Posts
I've got the same goals, and I'm in the same spot right now. I'm going with MKIII 440's, an SAFC-II and a V8 Lexus MAF. For this power level, it seems to be the easiest to tune, the best bet for keeping stock drivability, and the cheapest. The MAF almost configures the car for the 440's as is, so you need to do very little tuning to get the car running well.

(I've got a spare set of 440's too if you want to pick them up. I'm out of South-Western CT, a good 40min or so from NYC. PM me if you want more info).

·
NA-T Member
1,021 Posts
There is absolutley no reason for you to need to go stand alone with just a 350rwhp goal. You can achieve that on the stock ecu, stock maf, stock injs., and a safc.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The mechanic that will probally do my work said to go with 660cc injectors. But since you guys sayin that i should be fine with the piggyback i will go that route. Also, my buddie is using hks vpc. Is it necessary that i use that too?

p.s. Im wondering why the mechanic said that i can blow up my motor if its not tuned.

·
Supra Ricer
345 Posts
because if you run boost on an NA motor without tuning, it will blow up...I would do some research so you know what you are getting yourself into...

·
Addicted to Boost
315 Posts
i dont think you need 660cc injectors, 440cc or 500 sumthing cc should be enough for the set up your planning to run.

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
ls400 maf + 440cc injectors

or Map-ecu and no bigger than 500cc injectors should work fantastic for your setup
:).

if your gun ho on not going above 350rwhp, i think you'd be fine with just upgrading the fuel pump and using stock injectors...though i would advise going at least to 440cc injectors since they're safe and this way you're injectors wouldn't be running past 100% efficiency.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Kool...Ill look into the 440 or 500cc injectors. I can easily get a v8 maf.
So would getting the electronics be considered getting the car "tuned" so to speak? I think im pretty much set to start buying parts

Yea Im looking at around 350-370 sumthin to start off to feel the boost

1 - 14 of 14 Posts