Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Its Me...Its Me
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm getting my JDM 7M GTE motor soon and already have my t04, LAFM, 680s, etc. Now a friend of mine (RX7 owner) was telling me changing the motor to a JDM requires a piggyback for the ECU to cooperate. Now I've never read or heard this from any Supra owner but I just want to make sure and see if anyone has done it either way and see some of the results. Thanks

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Nope don't need one. Maybe on RX7's, but definately not the Supras.

·
Its Me...Its Me
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kirk_mk3 said:
Nope don't need one. Maybe on RX7's, but definately not the Supras.
Thats what I figured. So how much hp am I looking at with Lex AFM, T04E, stock IC, and 680s with a JDM 7MGTE?

·
GOT BOOST?
551 Posts
$400-450
Ditch the Lexus and the 550's and get standalone... AEM is the easyest to set up on 7M and you can get 500+HP with proper tuning that you can do your self. Its easy.

·
Its Me...Its Me
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
2JZ_MA70 said:
$400-450
Ditch the Lexus and the 550's and get standalone... AEM is the easyest to set up on 7M and you can get 500+HP with proper tuning that you can do your self. Its easy.
Nah I wanna keep my Lexus AFM and my 680s. Can't i do both eventually (emanage with the 2) if I wanted to. And I still have no clue what hp I'll be working with my setup...i have a FCD as well

·
GOT BOOST?
551 Posts
Its all in the turbo... The rest is just making sureyou can keep-up with it... =) does that help?
Depending on your tO4 400-600HP

Your engine managment may keep up to ~400-450...

·
Its Me...Its Me
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2JZ_MA70 said:
Its all in the turbo... The rest is just making sureyou can keep-up with it... =) does that help?
Depending on your tO4 400-600HP

Your engine managment may keep up to ~400-450...
Thanks, sounds good....I have the T04 built into the stock CT26 housing (e). 450 would be nice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts