Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a few years back my sister borrowed my car. Yes, i know i'm stupid before you go and say something to me.

Long story short she hopped a 4" curb and sent my rear wheels out of alignment. Now, i can get it Close but it's not as close as i would like it.

My question is, if I were to buy a set of rear pillow ball mounts woudl i be able to tweek it enough to get my car to into proper alignment?

Any thoughts or comments, other then "post pics of your sister..." are welcome. :D

Bryan

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Pics of said sister? :p sorry.... I had to!

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts
The upper pillow ball mounts for the A70 Chassis that are available from Cusco, Tein, and JIC all are non-adjustable TMK.
Come to think of it, I can't recall ever having seen an adjustable upper pillow ball mount for the A70 chassis

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about the HKS ones?

CK: U Up to 100rwhp Yet?? :p

·
Registered
344 Posts
pillow ball mounts are used to attach the strut to the strut tower. the struts in the supra have nothing to do with allignment so no that wouldnt fix your problem.

so when can we expect those pics? :)

A

·
0 Posts
Right.. there is no reason for an adjustable mount on a double controll arm suspension... because it doesn't change the alignment. It's not like a mcphearson strut, where the shock is part of the geometry because the shock doubles as the upper control arm.

So to fix your alignment you may need new controll arms, etc.. What part of the alignment is off? camber? toe?

Wreckless said:
The upper pillow ball mounts for the A70 Chassis that are available from Cusco, Tein, and JIC all are non-adjustable TMK.
Come to think of it, I can't recall ever having seen an adjustable upper pillow ball mount for the A70 chassis

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Camber. Toe is Perfect! But there also is no visible damage to ANY of the components.

I had it coming with the pics didn't i??? Psst. that's a rhetorical question! ;)

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
BigTSetter said:
CK: U Up to 100rwhp Yet?? :p
If you saw my last post in the turbo map thread you will know... I am going bigger turbo.. with bigger injectors.... this baby is gonna FLY.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ckanderson said:
If you saw my last post in the turbo map thread you will know... I am going bigger turbo.. with bigger injectors.... this baby is gonna FLY.
We'll see about that.

So i'm pretty much screwed then unless i can find the damaged component that's causing the alignment issue.

Oh well thanks for answering the question so quickly.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
92 TURBO
999 Posts
^An adjustable pillow block (suspension support) won't correct your alignment problem on the supra's double wishbone suspension as someone already stated.
Check for a bent #2 lower suspension arm. It's the stamped steel "U" shaped one that has the cam adjustment at the body attachment point.

·
Registered
350 Posts
the A1 guys are the guys who made my whole rear suspension system. It rocks! stuff is mega cheap, and is solid as hell. They normally build Nascar and circle track cars, and ive seen some of these cars crashed and twisted sooooo bad, but they still manage to pull the gold arms and heims off the cars, and throw them on new frames that they build up. Shit rules! ill try to post pics of my suspension sometime soon

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jz_killa_t68 said:
???? did you mean Camel? j/k
You're pretty quick for a beach bum! :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts