Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think my pilot bearing is on its way out. if you listen inside the car, i hear a kind of squeeking noise that increases in speed/frequency when the rpms increase. i thought it was an altenator bearing, but after i took off all the belts, and checked all the pulley's for noises, but nothing. and i can't hear it from inside the engine bay, so i assume it's the pilot bearing, unless anyone has any other guesses. i have a clutch set, but it's damn ass cold outside, and i don't want to freeze.

so my question is, how long do you think it will last before it fully blows apart, and what exactly will happen to the car, functionality wise, when it goes?

thanks

btw, '89 na

S

·
0 Posts
Does the noise change or go away when you press in the clutch?

Does it do it in every gear and any speed?

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
Shawndude said:
Does the noise change or go away when you press in the clutch?

hey shawn...i have a noise that does this.... is that from the pilot bearing or were you elluding to something else? thanks bro!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the noise is present both when the clutch is pressed in/out and thorughout all the gears. though, i can hear it usually more around 1200rpms, then any other rpm. and it comes and goes.

so my main question is, what will happen when it goes? just a constant screeching, or will it damage any part of the tranny?

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts