Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just bought a Pioneer AVIC-Z1 in-dash nav/dvd system on ebay, any thoughts on this unit? I was looking for a nav unit that came with a 30 gig HD so the nav wasn't laggy at all. Any tips on installation? All help here would be greatly appreciated

-Brett

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Great unit...but buying it on ebay was an extremely poor decision. you should have gotten it from a local dealer.

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great unit...but buying it on ebay was an extremely poor decision. you should have gotten it from a local dealer.
it was refurbished, I didn't want to spend $1,800 + on the Unit, I've got a squaretrade warranty so if it sucks ill get my money back and pay the extra $$$ for a brand new one..

which unit do you have? pros and cons? any suggestions for install?

thanks!

-Brett

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
I have the DDX8017 as a temporary unit until my DDX8019 comes in (kenwood excelon) Pro's- better sound quality, easier video bypass..cons- no hardrive

·
Registered
203 Posts
Very nice unit indeed, go to avic411.com for all the latest mods and custom backgrounds and such.....

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
The unit requires you to find your speed sense wire...i wouldnt reccomend self installation. I would bring it to a local dealer

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
another little tip, the production date of the unit will determine what bypass you have to do to it. there were two different ones for the Z1

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
just know that you cant copy mp3's to the hard drive nor use a dvdrw with mp3's either
:werd: it has to do with copyright infringmint (sp)

·
1,924 Posts
realtime ripping ftl

another reason why i'm not a fan of hard drive units

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts

·
1,924 Posts
^^

exactly

right now i enjoy my ipod just for music, i'll get a video one and only use it for movies when i decide to go that route. 8 gigs is more than enough for having music in my car, at least for me

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
^^

exactly

right now i enjoy my ipod just for music, i'll get a video one and only use it for movies when i decide to go that route. 8 gigs is more than enough for having music in my car, at least for me

And the best part about iPod....car or bike...i got my music and vids! :bigthumb:

·
'93 Supra TT
480 Posts
^^^^^^That's crazy looking. interesting idea.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
The best part about it is i can take out the screen/pod and speakers in a matter of minutes to make it street ready

1 - 18 of 18 Posts