Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ΣΦE Member
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo guys, just bought a PIONEER AVH-P5700DVD. I understand that there is not a harness us supras can use, and that we have to bypass the amp. Anyone out there have one of these? Can anyone explain what it means to bypass the amp, and maybe explain how to do it. Thanks guys

·
Registered
709 Posts
The amp bypass is easy. If you take out the stock stereo there will be two plugs to the bottom right had side. Those two plugs go to the stock amp. All you have to do is unplug those two plugs and go to a stereo shop or bestbuy/circut city and buy a standard toyota plug and you will be set. Hope this helps

Reactions: Smokinsupra95

·
ΣΦE Member
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean. Do i just not plug them into the new headunit or what? What do you mean buy new plugs?

·
Registered
709 Posts
the head unit should have a harness (a plug with a bunch of wires), the standard toyota harness will consist of two plugs. Match the colors up from both harness' and you got a plug and play unit.

·
ΣΦE Member
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to Circuit City and they said that there is no harness...i need to hardwire it....FUNNNNN!!!!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
There is a harness for it. Did you cut the wires yet? If you didn't let me know I will take a picture of what you need and send you a harness if need be. =P

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
yeah there is a harness, my car has a harness, i got it from a custom shop though, plugged right in, even let me use the stock amp

·
11,221 Posts
BoostedAzn said:
There is a harness for it. Did you cut the wires yet? If you didn't let me know I will take a picture of what you need and send you a harness if need be. =P
Dude's locked from his account some how... they must have banned all the slow cars, lol.

Please hit him up on aim, SmokinSupra95

573 Posts
Smokinsupra95 said:
I went to Circuit City and they said that there is no harness...i need to hardwire it....FUNNNNN!!!!!
That would be why I would never take my car to Circuit City/Best Buy/Fry's... Idiots.. Well, I guess its not the installers fault, being that they most likely are still in high school and haven't yet recieved the proper training.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts