Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of the Pioneer AVIC N1?? Comments or any info on this? Also, what gauges does this system allow you to view? Any air/fuel, etc...??

Thanx,
Mike

·
7M till the END
586 Posts
I installed the New AVIC N2 in my friends car, its a nice unit, not sure what is the difference between the N1 and N2, i know the N2 has the ability to get traffic news live and act upon it while the N1 is just a map. as far as performance meters, i am not sure if the N2 has that feature like the N1 but to my knowledge in the N1 it was a G meter, Acceleraion and Deceleration and cronering speed. but i am not totally sure. its not reall that helpful, i would still prefer the N2 over the N1 becuase its navigation system is better.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
XSupraX said:
N1 is hot. Fuck the N2....impossible to get to play video in motion when the speed sensor is hooked up.
...That is exactly what I was going to comment about. I am sure someone will come up with something somehow, sometime, but as of now I don't think anyone knows how to get around the circuitry/programming.

My N1 has saved me I don't know how many gallons of race gas!:)

Take Care

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
The N1 came out just after i had my deck installed, i would love to have it, but i dont want to spend the extra money on it. Sweet friggin deck tho, get it if you if you got the oney for it, you wont regret it

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,876 Posts
from what i heard is the n2 has the real time traffic updates and thats really the only difference between them but pioneer is going to have an add on piece for the n1 that will do the real time traffic updates so i just bought one a couple weeks ago waiting to put it in

573 Posts
Its actually just a software update.. There is no actual hardware differences. In fact the software update should be available shortly for those who have the N1 and want to make theirs into an N2.

As far as changes in the software, the big facts have already been mentioned. *Limited availability* real time traffic updates when used with XM and no video when in motion. Other than that the menus were supposidly optimized, maps updated, and a few other little things here and there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts