1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Working Hard for Stroker!
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
unit is awesome - just remember the trick to bypass so you can watch video while in motion. (flick headlights 3 times before the screen boots up) works awesome with bluetooth and iPod too. Only thing i didnt like about it was the fact that it only has 2v preouts

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,922 Posts
n2 you need to solder two points on the unit together.

"Hello Voided Warranty" :sad:

the Z1 is a sick unit though

·
1,922 Posts
they're two points on the board of the unit. they're hidden underneath a silver sticker.

·
1,922 Posts
i don't know. you could just use a piece of wire...the connection just has to be made between the two points and the best way to do it is to solder it. :dunno:

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
Is there a way to make the output video go into the input of the screen so it thinks it's playing the video for "other screens" in the car?

·
1,922 Posts
you could try running the video feed into the backup camera video input

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
^^ like the man said...but it only gives you 3/4 of the screen video, and the other part stays nav

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
I haven't been reading too many great reviews of these units. Apparently the bluetooth is EXTREMELY finicky. Also people have been having their screens just die on them. For such an expensive and high-end unit I know these kinds of problems are probably expected, but it's preventing me from making the leap,.

·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do U Guys Think That There Is Any Other Unit Equivalent Or Better Than This Unit.

·
1,922 Posts
AVN5495 or AVN6600 or AVN7000...no bluetooth, but that's just a minor aspect

·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
these eclipse AVN's look really good. i'll probably get one of those. thanks

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
im going to try the kenwood ddx6019 with nav .

·
1,922 Posts
i love the eclipse units :D

we did a full on Z1 install for a guy in a G35. I messed around with the bluetooth unit for a bit and i didn't have any complaints, except for when i was talking to someone on the phone and i was in the passenger seat.

i never thought i would see the day when i would actually promote a pioneer piece....but i guess i've hit that day ;) the thing that got REALLY annoying on the Z1 was it's really long load up process. it was like a semi-slow laptop loading up :/ The AVN5495 has little to no load up time, neither does the AVN7000 both of which are Hard Drive based like the Z1

·
1,922 Posts
Ranger...

Did you ever find those wires that you needed???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts