Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Eye Kandy For Enthusiasts
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have pics of the Pioneer D1 unit installed in their MKIV, any ratings on this unit, how is the picture quality, any problems, just need help deciding on a specific unit.
Thanks

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
what is your main purpose for getting a screen? nav? movies? just to have? these will all help in deciding which one to get

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i want something thats built in, not something that flips open. I want DVD playback with navigation. One thing i like about the D1 is that its a touchscreen, which is nice but not necessary.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
MKIV4EVER said:
i want something thats built in, not something that flips open. I want DVD playback with navigation. One thing i like about the D1 is that its a touchscreen, which is nice but not necessary.
AVICD1 is an entry level unit does not have a DVD video option...it is strictly am/fm/cd/nav/bu cam. There are a cuple threads with pics if you do a search.

·
1,924 Posts
if you want an easy DVD&Nav combo...DON'T do pioneer. It's just that simple. If you don't mind going through the hassle of bypassing the system to get to watch DVDs then by all means go for it. The new Z1 should be pretty sweet, but I don't know the specifics on it.*There's a thread on it in this section*

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
also on top of that the z1 will not play dvd's while in motion, even if it is bypassed, it has a gyro in it to feel movement. AVN5435 is the way to go!

·
Registered
552 Posts
if you want dvd and nav and all features and everything to play while in motion, my recommendation is the kenwood ddx touchscreen units and their nav system kna-dv4100. its what i have and its great, though it can get a bit pricey... the Z1 looks sweet though...

·
Registered
117 Posts
88supramkiii said:
if you want an easy DVD&Nav combo...DON'T do pioneer. It's just that simple. If you don't mind going through the hassle of bypassing the system to get to watch DVDs then by all means go for it. The new Z1 should be pretty sweet, but I don't know the specifics on it.*There's a thread on it in this section*
no hassle doin the bypass on the d1. just ground the empty pion next to the ground wire on the wire harness. itll open up all the video and navi locks. the d1 screen has a very good picture in my opinion.

·
1,924 Posts
in general pioneers are a hassle to bypass. the N2 you have to void your warranty to bypass the system...doesn't sound like a smart thing to me :dunno:

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what about the Z1, its finally available and its going for $2250, do you guys think its worth going with this unit. It sounds pretty good. Saw the price on.

www.pioneerelectronics.com

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Awsome unit...but like everyone said above...difficult to bypass video

·
1,924 Posts
the z1 is a cool unit, we just don't carry Pioneer. Eclipse is the best bang for your buck if you want both nav and DVD in one package.

·
Registered
183 Posts
How much are you looking to spend? The Eclipse 5435 is a unit you might want to consider. It is very similar the d1 in many ways but has the ability to play dvd video.

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
money is not actually the issue, the issue is whether or not i can use all the features. what i want is to use the navigation feather and the dvd feather while the car is moving.

i dont like eclipse, the quality sucks (based on previous experiences)

·
1,924 Posts
like stated before, if you want to easily go between navi and dvd pioneer is not the easiest one. You're not a fan of eclipse, that's fine...but it's the easiest one. All comes down to personal preference, if you want to go through all the fun bypass stuff have fun.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
MKIV4EVER said:
money is not actually the issue, the issue is whether or not i can use all the features. what i want is to use the navigation feather and the dvd feather while the car is moving.

i dont like eclipse, the quality sucks (based on previous experiences)
By feather i assume you mean feature?? :scratch: If so....check out Kenwood excelon...but also be prepared to spend some coin

·
1,924 Posts
^^
:werd: the 8017 is a BOMB piece, but to add other stuff on it's kinda pricey.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts