Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello members. I just received my chromed upper water neck. When I mock fitted the small mid pipe (pipe that sits between water neck and water pump) back on the water pump and water neck with 2 orings, the pipe does not feel too snug. I can freely wiggle the pipe. Almost feels like the pipe is just tad too small in diameter on both ends. I imagined that this pipe would fit really tight inside the water pump and water neck. My concern is that coolant will seap out under pressure. Is this wiggle play normal? Thank you guys.

·
Registered
945 Posts
When i installed mine with brand new orings i remeber it being pretty tight. There may have been the tiniest bit of wiggle room for the metal, but as long as the orings seal well you are good. I know it was hard to press in, it didnt just fall in. If you wanted you can buy new orings and be sure before you reassemble it all do that they are very cheap, unless yours look good

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On a side note I need a new sensor for the water neck as I just couldn't loosen it off the upper water neck. This is the sensor that sends reading to the in cabin temp sensor. My question is can I just go buy one from auto parts store? Or should I buy a Toyota sensor? Thanks

·
The Old Breed
328 Posts
On a side note I need a new sensor for the water neck as I just couldn't loosen it off the upper water neck. This is the sensor that sends reading to the in cabin temp sensor. My question is can I just go buy one from auto parts store? Or should I buy a Toyota sensor? Thanks
I would go with OEM Toyota since the part is cheap enough in price. If you must get it an auto parts store, at the least ensure it is made in Japan (e.g. Sankei) and not Taiwan. I bought a sensor made in Taiwan and it snapped in half while threading it into the water neck. I worked in the automotive fastener industry for 6 years so I knew right away when I picked it up that it was very cheap metal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts