Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well folks, true to my word I am getting together a road course day for the Supra community (and friends/family). What I need to gather is potential list of people who would like to participate. I don't need people to say oh thats cool, and then don't show.

The best course of action would be to find a suitable club day to get involved with that would accept us and then actually show up with the head count we said we would show up with.

The tenative date I am shooting for is sometime in the month of June
(re: dry/plenty of time to get car ready)

The fine details would be worked out on in a seperate thread.

Just give me a name, and the type of car.

Note: This is NOT a Torquefreaks event, this is a event that I am personally organizing for the supra community as an enthusiast. As such, lets keep all of the interpersonal shit at the front gate. I have no business interest involved with this, and would hope others would follow suite for this event. Its about one thing, and thats runnin the course at a pace that drains your adrenal gland at a rapid rate! Thanks :)

Mark - Supra MKIV
Chris - Supra MKIV or AE86
John - MR2 or Eclipse
Brian - Supra MKIV
Brian - 91 240sx
Matt - Supra MKIII
Steve - Supra MKIV ???(time needed)

·
Registered
28 Posts
If John is going, i got to be there.

Brian - 91 240sx

Most clubs will take anyone but getting a group is kinda hard. The tri club day is on a weekend but typically that day is fills up real quick. so if you want to get a group you'd probably have to get everyone to send their money real early.

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We will worry about the fine details later. Obviously there will need to be a deposit, but right now its just an intrest gauging thread. If theres 20 + people then great..if theres 5 people thats great too, just need to be able to give numbers to whom ever we decide to go with.

·
El Pollo Diablo
857 Posts
I'm interested...
just a matter of getting my car to stop freaking out in the meantime.
<sheepish as street-only noob, and only MK3 guy posting so far>

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
I have family vacation time planned in June, so cannot properly commit or not until an actual date is given. I am interested assuming I have the time available, but I am not available from June 2 - June 11. :)

Steve T.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
I would like to try.. you guys will all whoop my ass, but I'll still join in and test out my new coilovers.

Matt - Crusty MK3 Supra

·
MMMM Smells like coolant
213 Posts
well if I havent blown it up I would like to give it a shot MKIII or 74 GMC MUahahahhah OK J/K on the truck No really!

·
The new #1 Hardtopper
1,572 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
I have family vacation time planned in June, so cannot properly commit or not until an actual date is given. I am interested assuming I have the time available, but I am not available from June 2 - June 11. :)

Steve T.
You say this as if you would be joining us. :)

You already know Iam in per our phone conversation today, REG.
As long as we are giving availability dates, first and last weekend in June are best for me.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If my AE86 is up and running by then I'd love to. But unfortunately I don't think it will be. Either way I may show up just to watch (if thats OK).

·
Registered
744 Posts
Givin this once in a blue moon event. I would really be interested depending on the time of the event. I also may have other competition that would like to join possibly. hehe.

Brian- MKIV

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
Why wouldn't I want to join you guys? :confused:

Steve T.

brian94ht said:
You say this as if you would be joining us. :)

You already know Iam in per our phone conversation today, REG.
As long as we are giving availability dates, first and last weekend in June are best for me.

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
Why wouldn't I want to join you guys? :confused:

Steve T.
Maybe it's because you are too old. And maybe you will never be able to keep up with the kids...Look who is talking...haha...J/K...Steve

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
Brian S 94T said:
Givin this once in a blue moon event. I would really be interested depending on the time of the event. I also may have other competition that would like to join possibly. hehe.
FWIW HPDE is not a competition. Insurance is very strict about that demarkation.

·
Registered
744 Posts
quick said:
FWIW HPDE is not a competition. Insurance is very strict about that demarkation.

my mistake... Well, they are a couple EVO owners who would like to try out the track as well.

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
I may be slow(er) and old(er) than some, but I love to brake and turn as well as accelerate! :bigthumb:

Steve T.

93dawg said:
Maybe it's because you are too old. And maybe you will never be able to keep up with the kids...Look who is talking...haha...J/K...Steve

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
I'm trying to stabilize the setup so I can enjoy it in 2006, and the car isn't currently listed for sale! :)

Can you believe I've owned this Supra for over 2 years already? If I make it to 2.5, that will be an absolute record for me! So, if the car makes it to Vegas this year with me, I'll have owned it for longer than any other Supra in my history. :lol:

Steve T.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.