Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all; I just wanted to say that the next up and coming test and tune some of my local friends and I will be heading to PIR.

The event is May 4th; starts @ 5 PM.

Now, this is a wednesday which is why I am posting so far in advance; since I will need to request work off.

I am just looking to see if anyone wants to go; I live in Lynnwood and if some of you want to caravan down there that would be awesome.

Just post here to give me a count, maybe afterwards we can go out and get some food.

So, just drop me a message here and I will keep up on the details!

~Kyle Ackerman

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Bump...

I would like to see some supras turn out with me...

So far on the non-supra list...

89 GTI with vr6 swap
91 CRX SI running @ 11 lbs
91 acura integra with 99 GSR DOHC vtec swap
Me :)
And the GTI guy might be bringing more friends with...

I am trying to get a guy with a white 240 with a rb20det swap to come and also this asian guy in his srt-4; but eddie scared him off and told him I was mad quick with my last official drag slip time of 17.1

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea... I can't do the weather permitting thing because I have to request off work; so it's all or nothing pretty much!

I'm praying for awesome weather!

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
may 6th = high school drags.....

I don't think you would want to go then; but if you want to wait 1 1/2 hours to get one drag in... go for it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Disced said:
I am trying to get a guy with a white 240 with a rb20det swap to come and also this asian guy in his srt-4; but eddie scared him off and told him I was mad quick with my last official drag slip time of 17.1

:wtflol: I'll bring my 240 out if it's done in time, but I think you should plan a later date, honestly the high school drags are horrible. :)

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blah.. I'm not planning it on the night of the high school drags; and this has been up for damn near a month. It is planned for Wednesday MAY 4th. NOT THE 6th.

Cool? ~ Cool

·
Power shift that bitch!
1,518 Posts
yeah i will be there right after work...called in sick on Friday to play hookey so i cant do it again so soon...I should be there about 6

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bump... Tomorrow is the day..

Anyone else planning on coming?

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
Stu Hagen said:
I'm heading down Hope the weather doesnt dump!
Looks like it is dumping right now Stu at about 5PM... But it could still dry up and be good enough for some racing yet...

EDIT: I just looked at the NEXRAD radar and it's looking like the intermittant rain just keeps on coming up from the South. Sorry about that...

·
Administrator
17,271 Posts
PIR = Portland International Raceway
PR = Pacific Raceways

I was wondering why you were going all the way to Portland! ;)

Steve T.

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
Was wondering if any of you made it to this drag race session and or did it rain too much to do any drag racing???

·
Nothing
1,491 Posts
I was 3 minutes away from Pacific Raceway at 4pm and it was looking ugly overhead so i decided not to go make any passes. I get back home which is about 15 minutes away and it gets to be sunny and blue skys out overhead. So how was the track?

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Track was good... Left lane was prepped way better.. atleast the time I ran in it.. It only dropped a couple of drops;

My friends mig 2 GTI's fans he just payed $400 to get fixed caught on fire @ the drags... and the turbo CRX ran a 14.7... then his clutch went.

My MBC wasn't tuned correctly and I only ran @ 12 lbs when I ran the 14.4.... Which I was still the fastest out of all my friends.. even the evo ran a 14.5... ahahAHAH!!

·
Power shift that bitch!
1,518 Posts
The track was great....racing went on non stop until 8-9pm. Tons of cars there, probabaly because this was the first Wednesday of the season. I didnt run but Stu & Marshall did, they got great times.

Oh and there was another MKIV out there that was black and Stu met him (young guy, NA-T)

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
supra_girliegirl said:
The track was great....racing went on non stop until 8-9pm. Tons of cars there, probabaly because this was the first Wednesday of the season. I didnt run but Stu & Marshall did, they got great times.

Oh and there was another MKIV out there that was black and Stu met him (young guy, NA-T)

Just to clarify did you go to Pacific Raceways (PR) or Portland International Raceways (PIR)???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts