Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, about had a fist fight with the toyota dealer today, (will be going on a Repo mision tonight to get my car back) anyway I have these parts

1) BCC
2) Down Pipe
3) HKS hard Pipes
4) Turobo XS blow off valve
5) Crank Pulley
6) K&N filter, ( big hp gain there)! lol

Anyway what else should i get,

I was thinking

1) cold air intake,
2) Boost controller,
3) Cam gears,
4) NOS?

The car did 401 to the wheels wiht the parts on the top, so im wanting to get about 430- 450 to the wheels.

Thanks

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
Hrmmm... your car gets repoed but you are still buying mods for the car. I would pay my car note so that doesnt happen in the first place, mods can come later.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no no,, i miss led you, or read it wrong,

What happened is it was in for warranty work, but they were telling me that it needs this and that..... that had noting to do with why the car was in there, I told the service mang. to call me BEFORE they replace anything. He said OK

Keeps the car a week and will not return any phone calls. then when i did get him on the phone he said i owed him $1300 for parts. I informed him he was full of shit, and they needed to remove the new parts and reinstall the old ones. He then said well we still have to charge you for labor, which is $590.00 and you will not get the car until this is paid.

What i ment by repo was im going to go take my car tonight, with out paying that $590.00

The 401 was wiht a hose pulled. only for the dyno run ;)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Why the hell would you leave it at Toyota for a week? All the service guys were most likely taking it out for joyrides, while the service manager took the car home at nite..lol..I wouldn't trust me car anywhere for more then a few days. Didn't you think it was odd after 2-3 days toyota didn't call you? Ya shoulda went down there to see what was up!

S

·
0 Posts
F___ Toyota... you know I took my car in today to get the timing belt and the main accessory belt swaped out today..

Anyways.. I picked it up.. checked out the "Peak" boost the car ran on the blitz turbo timer.. well well... to my suprise it was at .81bar .. mind you that I reset it when I gave them the car this morning...

WTF.. what can I do... I try to do as least amount of toyota work as possible.. they are on my avoid list... only warranty work and work that I dont trust other mechanics to do...

T

·
0 Posts
I hear yah when it comes to not trusting others w/your car...I can't stand watching some high school drop-out at the dmv drive my car on the dyno...especially after 97% of his brain is fried from breathing in exhaust fumes all day...I trust them with my 1990 dodge caravan...not my supra.

-Matt

S

·
0 Posts
I hear ya on the dealer thing

I took mine to the dealer just to get a new wiper motor replaced. Heres what they did for me. They replaced the wiper motor. . .so they worked now (yippee), but thats not all. . .when they were trying to find the problem. . .they cut some wires. . .the wrong wires. . .wires to my self/custom installed lazer and radar jammers. . .and my V1 detector. . .so i had to replace all the wires (easier said than done) that took a saturday. . .but thats not all. . . they also took my dash apart and sratched it to hell and back. . .but thats not all. . .they also put holes in my shift boot. . . but thats not all. . .they also put a scratch 1 and 1/4 inch long on the passanger side door through the paint. . .literally 4, yes 4 days after i had the entire car repainted. . .but thats not all. . .the last and final thing was a huge dent in the front right fender. . .what a bunch of dicks, first they tried to screw me for labor and parts. . .HA not quite, i slapped them with an $800 bill for the repair of all the items. . .and i canceled the check that i paied them with. They have not gotten their money to this day. If they screwed me, and i screwed them. . .who screwed who? I guess the lesson here is . . .DO IT YOUR SELF?

S

·
0 Posts
WOW.. I SOOOOO feel your pain....

Actually I have a question and I want your guys opninon on it...

I just recently got my true love.. a 94 TT (auto :( ), but anyway, it has 73k on which is good and I got a 2 year extended warranty...

Besides wheels, can I really do anything to car, or will they be dicks and say that the boost guage make the turbos blow??

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do it all, if anything goes, then take the parts off.....

Or just refund the warranty....... keep the exrtra till something happens......

that is what im going to do if i keep my car

S

·
0 Posts
I bought the warranty through the Toyota dealer where I got the car from...

I didnt know I could refund the warranty... is that possible.. and what is the process?

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
If you don't want the exetended warranty I believe you can cancel it if you do it within 30 days of the date on your contract.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the dealer that sold me mine said it can be done at any time...... However they also sold me a bumper to bumper 7 year 100,000 mile one and even looked at the BCC, Down pipe, crank pulley ect ect ect...... But they will not cover ANYTHING...... and charge me 53.00 a hour to look at it.....

Its ok Joke will be on them..... when i get time out of the million dollar lawsuit im in middle of im going to call toyota north america and see what thy have to say about there dealer charging $53.00 a hour to look at your car. Then not fix it...... Im about 130% sure the service manager will be getting an ass chewing from some one.......

S

·
0 Posts
See this is what Im scared of doing mods to my car...

Any suggestions on what I should do before I start modding my car... as far as the extended warranty goes..

·
Registered
790 Posts
I don't think you'll have much luck complaining to Toyota about the diagnostic fee, just about every dealership out there does it, techs don't work for free, most don't get paid hourly so they will charge you . If you don't like paying go out and learn about your car and do it yourself. I''ll agree alot of techs beat on customers cars but remember not all are like that so be careful what you say and there not all high school drop outs, obviously they know something more than you or you all just too good to get dirty. There's good techs and bad techs just just don't put them all in one category

S

·
0 Posts
I completely agree with you..

I wish I could just stand there and help them out or for that matter.. just watch and make sure they wont mess with anything they are not supposed to... all of us know how it is... but argh... I hate the idea of it...

Imagine.. you have a nicely built TT.... and you need some Toyota work done.. they swap the oil or something.. and they put out like 50 FULL BOOST miles on your car... doest that just hurt???

I know it would hurt me...

S

·
0 Posts
KERR

This happened to me when I took mine to toyota, they tried to charge me for "just looking" at the car. its a joke, they didn't do anything, they didn't tell me any thing i didn't already know. . . but in the end-they got bent over. . . .you can read what haddened to me a few responses above this one . . .they were a pain to deal with, but I won in the end. Screw The dealerships.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts