Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I have decided to put in some forged pistons as I put my motor back together. I’m looking at Ross, JE, CP, and Wiseco. Which ones would any of you recommend? I’ll be boosting 25+ psi on a 62-1 along with a small shot of nitrous. This will be with a 2.0mm MHG. Is there any reason I should go with .020 over rather than .040 over?

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
You're not going to see much difference going 40 instead of 20. You're just lessening the amount of times you can punch out your cylinders.

I have JE's. The thing with JE's is they use thinner rings for less friction. Some say it makes them not as durable :dunno:. Also, they require more clearance than some of the other pistons, so they are noisy when cold. That's kind of nice, though, as I can tell when my car warms up just by sound :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking of going with the Ross .017 over. They are the cheapest and come with everything needed. Does that sound like a good pick?

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
I run Ross pistons. For the price, they cant be beat. Im currently running 21 psi on a 60-1 and make around 400 HP. I'll be adding a small nitrous shot sometime in the near future. They seem to be holding up fine. I took the head off a couple months ago for a valve job and they looked good as new. Id recommend them.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've run Ross's before, had them ceramic and dry film coated, ran lean on a 22psi run, and now I'm waiting on a set of Wiseco--Ross doesn't come in .040 over (unless I want to shell out for custom). My machinest weighed them and they were within .25 of a gram of each other, so I would reccomend the Ross's.

Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts