Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here are some pix of my head. The gasket definetely blew. Number six and five seem to be the worst ones. I am taking the head to a machine shop tomorrow to have it looked at, and possibly have it machined if the head is still good. Do you guys think my head is fixable just by having it machined by a shop? I know it's warped for sure but it doesn't seem like it can be fixed just by shaving some metal off the top. What do you guys think? Thanks for any opinions/help! Hopefully I won't have to buy a new head....

Tanner

PS- I am using the stock HG

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SnowMongoose said:
you lack discipline.
wtf is that suppose to mean?

-sorry for screwing up on the pix....that was my first time posting pix on this forum, and for some reason i cant delete the screw ups-

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
the head will be fine.. al that crap is just old gasket. take out the cams, valves and all that other jazz. have it hottanked and milled. then have the valves lapped back in.

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
^^^ agreed... hot tank that bitch, it's got ALOT of carbon deposits... lap it, yada yada yada... the head is fine... just needs a clean up...

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reign_Maker said:
^^^ agreed... hot tank that bitch, it's got ALOT of carbon deposits... lap it, yada yada yada... the head is fine... just needs a clean up...
That's very good news..

·
Project Sleepra
279 Posts
damn...

how many miles were on that bitch?

mine has 70k+ miles on it and didn't look anywhere near that bad... and it was not maintained very well (been fixing all its little problems for a while now... getting close to rebirth)

note the lack of black on the cams ^^^

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh yeah that head'll do. get'em to clean it up, make sure its flat, blah blah, and you'll be fine. are you doing the headgasket yourself??

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
xpadawonx said:
oh yeah that head'll do. get'em to clean it up, make sure its flat, blah blah, and you'll be fine. are you doing the headgasket yourself??
yea im doing it myself....right now im puting the bitch back together. the head is on and the ARP's are torqued to 75lbs. Just need to get the intake mani, exhaust mani, turbo, and all that other shit on. I'm moving slowly but surely. school is taking my supra time away...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Man... you call THAT a bhg? I should dig up some pics for you...
That head looks PERFECT in the pictures... The carbon build up is perfectly normal and is nothing to worry about. Why not remove the old gasket to see the condition of the surface?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts