Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
it times your car down after you stop driving to protect your turbo. doesnt really matter which one you get. they all do the same thing, just get whichever one you like.

some have more features than others, like reading boost, or volt meter, or something ;/

-joe :run:

·
2,275 Posts
id say go with an apexi or HKS :) the Greddys suck... well i have one but that doesnt count ;).

K

·
0 Posts
i have the hks turbo timer type 1 and i've had no problems with it after a year of use.
if they make a harness for your car buy it, it makes installation easy.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
GET THE APEXI PENCIL TT- I had the greddy and it was ok but the apex is the $H!T, it reads a/f (pretty damn close to what my wideband reads!!!), Voltage, O2 reading, and of course the turbo timer part. plus they are less than $100 with the harness.

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts

·
Take it!
996 Posts
I have a Blitz turbo timer, it comes with a stopwatch, automatic timer ( the car's computer times it for you), manual timer (you time however long you want it) and a electronic boost gauge that is built in and its pretty neat!. I suggest go with Blitz because their turbo timers, you can mount them anywhere in your car, to achieve that custom look! Their disadvantage though is that its a little pricey. You can get one with a harness at Summit Racing for like 160 includ. harness..... Think about it! Alright peace!

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
hks! type 1 is the shit

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I have a blitz one that references boost for cool off time. It sucks. it almost always sets itself to 10 seconds. unless i boost really high, right before I shut it off. Great idea... poor folow thru

T

·
0 Posts
Tt

you also wanna pick a timer that can fit into a place where you want it to, get pics of some places people put their turbo timers to give you a better idea, i went with the greddy, although i havent installed it yet :dunno:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Ckanderson said:
I have a blitz one that references boost for cool off time. It sucks. it almost always sets itself to 10 seconds. unless i boost really high, right before I shut it off. Great idea... poor folow thru
Something isn't set up properly, my blitz timer works just fine. I set my base cool-down to 30 seconds and it increments from there according to time spent in boost... After a half hour or so of somewhat hard driving it will be @ 1-1.5 minutes.

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
A TT is a TT is a TT...If you are looking for a turbo timer because you are lazy or want to show off to your friends that you can have the key out while your car still runs, just get a generic one..I have a GReddy one myself, and I use it for turbo timing and thats it, I dunno why you guys need a bunch of other options..

·
Registered
606 Posts
i dont want to invest in one yet. I just sit in the car for a few minutes if i boosted.
I wouldnt care about the brand name, as long as it works well of course. and price

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the greddy and it has a couple of features. The truth is though that all I need from it is the turbo timing feature. If you look at it in the pic below (its the black unit beneath the radio) it is also displaying voltage. The cool thing is that it has (pre) & programable music that will remind you if you forgot to set your parking brake! like the others mentioned it can be set manually by you (upto 10 minutes) or you can allow it to read you rpms (while driving) and it will calculate how long it should stay on. That feature as two different settings (switchable) that allow you to choose how agressive you want it to be in its calculations. You still get to set a minimum time for the automatic feature.
Pic:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts