Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a 97 NA 5 spd with 56k miles. So far I've only got a custom intake with akimoto filter and a Borla exhaust with the 2nd cat removed. My next thought was to get some 8mm+ wires and an HKS twin power ignition, I'm running stock Toyota Plats, so I dunno if I'm gonna have to replace those or not. What should be my next step? I want to do everything I can before really having the engine torn apart.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
go with a single you will be faster and it will cost a hell of alot less then getting a built na

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but that kind of defeats the whole "going all motor" idea.....which is what I really wanna do

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
does anybody know the potential for an NA going all motor? I would like to do that as well....

·
MKIV TT Sell-OUT
176 Posts
if you want to go all motor, buy a V8. if you want to go fast in a supra, use a turbo or nitrous.

honestly, what is the fastest all motor 6 cylinder you guys have ever seen?? (our size cars, not 2000pound hondas)

the FASTEST ive seen is a stripped 2000 V6 stang go around 13.5..... and he had a completely built motor on 3.8 liters..... not only was the engine bigger, but the car was lighter...

if you're going for all motor, i'd say get rid of everything. no back seats, light rims, no kit, nothing... you need all the help you can get. but i sure as hell wouldnt be happy with 13s after spending more than a couple thousand...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stang2supra said:
if you want to go all motor, buy a V8. if you want to go fast in a supra, use a turbo or nitrous.

honestly, what is the fastest all motor 6 cylinder you guys have ever seen?? (our size cars, not 2000pound hondas)

the FASTEST ive seen is a stripped 2000 V6 stang go around 13.5..... and he had a completely built motor on 3.8 liters..... not only was the engine bigger, but the car was lighter...

if you're going for all motor, i'd say get rid of everything. no back seats, light rims, no kit, nothing... you need all the help you can get. but i sure as hell wouldnt be happy with 13s after spending more than a couple thousand...
I agree,

I spent $3100 on a larger 2.4L engine and internals for it as well as $3950 on a complete turbo system with some fuel upgrades. With 18 pounds I put down 302.6WHP. NA I could only make enough power to break into a guesstimate 180. NA I could only keep up with NA Supras. Stock 0-60 is something like 7.8s.
Anyway the moral of the story is if you want some power and retain your interior you should probably go turbo.

I own a Non Turbo Talon with pressure

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Son, check out PHR on MKIV

Jarret basically says ignition upgrades are a waste! Intake, exhaust, SAFC or new HKS-- maybe cam gears & accessory , but not crank pullies?

·
Registered
46 Posts
stang2supra said:
2001-02 BMW M3! Does 13.2 in the quarter and 4.8 0 to 60!

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
LOL I will be the first built na And will wweight 2800lbs in another week or two. I started getting some thing to do the buidlup i iwll be done in about 2months. But i am loking to run high 12;s low low 13's and i have the plan and know how to do so. ~Xdreamer
All motor Mkiv White Supra auto ;p

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
my plan goal is 300-320 hp and weigh in around 2600lbs so it will have a really good power to weight ration. keep in mind what I am oding has never been done to the 2jz-ge. I will post evreryhting when I amdone. ~Xdreamer

lol to give you a idea. the intake manfiold i am getting custom made will cost me about 1400-1500 and thats just the beginning
im doing port polish , Ill maybe get hks to make me cams, knifedge the crankshaft . build up the top end .titianium retainers, double springs etc. plsu a couple other things. The car is going to be fast as hell for all motor plus will rev silly fast like a race car :)

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
although the nsx is a honda, it's fast and weighs more than 3000lbs.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well, even though we're talking about naturally aspirated six cylinders, I still couldn't help but bring up the Jaguar XJ-220.

Engine: Twin Turbo V6
542 bhp @ 7200rpm
0-60: 3.6 seconds
1/4 mile: 11.7 @ 125 mph
Weight: 3240lbs

That's the fastest stock 6 cylinder that I know of.

Xdreamer: Good luck with the project, can't wait to see the end results.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Thanks but all motor doesnt me a twin turbo six lol anywaysi should be done with most of the work in a couple weeks I will post pics times maybe vids and etc ~Xdreamer

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"go with a single you will be faster and it will cost a hell of alot less then getting a built na" -Xdreamer

First you tell me that going all motor is a bad idea, now you're going to do it yourself :p

Yeah, I'm still hellbent on going all motor, and since I sold my Camry I have some (a little) cash to work with. I'm going to work on getting that ignition and wires ASAP, then look around for a local shop that can fabricate parts.

P.S.
Glad you decided to go all motor and not to the dark side (turbo) :cool:

·
MKIV TT Sell-OUT
176 Posts
yeah, the m3's are really impressive, but that's shitloads of technology that you have to make up for. and if the car weighed 2800lbs, it would fly..... but that just proves my point of not retaining the full interior.. and the nsx cant be compared to the MKIV due to the size of the car.

either way, i wish all of you the best of luck. if any of you guys can hit 13s all motor, that would be a huge victory for us NA guys..

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
If you guys are talking about NA 6 cylinders that are fast as hell look to TVR cars they are REALLY badass six cylinders and yes they are NA. Check out the Tuscan S here we are talking 390 Horses. 0-60 in 3.9 seconds and a top speed of over 195. Here is the web site check em out.

http://www.tvr-eng.co.uk/

If you thought some of the Japanese cars were badass these european "supercars" are amazing too in their own right.

Later

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
thats supra is old news its from japan. and has like 6-8k worth of engine work atleast plus the motec system and they have access to parts we dont. I am debating using a motec management system it all depends i only use my supra one myabe twice a week so i am not worried if it becomes a all out race/street/show car. your best bet is to wait 2-3months why i develop some parts for the car aloing with acople other companys. A all motor car isnt for everyone but ya know II aint everyone :) ~Xdreamer

And i had a good base to start with a mint 65k 93.5 white hardtop auto supra it only weighs 3251ish stock
plus is nice and stiff there no body flex. :)

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
gotham X actually i have been developing doing a all motor supra for months do a search you will see so before you say i stole your idea get it right lol . I have been set on this idea for atleast 4-5 months with researching the rightway to do it.and now have the money to start the rest of it. All motor is expensive and really hard to get the right setup cause none has done it yet in the states to get sick power . but this is something i have been tlaking about doing and started doing since i bought the car i had a tt 300zx with 440whp running 16lbs and it got totaled some girl cut me off anyways. I didnt steal your idea actaully i am one of the first to go this far in reserach and develeopment I know thinga and tricks about this engine that not many experts and other's do i even posted to little tricks that not one person knew. I just said it isnt worth it unless you know a hell of alot about how the 2jz-ge nonturbo engine work plus have alot of money to put out and what not. Like i said I will be the first all motor supra running in the high 12's easy low 13's and be able to out handle any TT supra out there garaunteed. I am redoioing the whole entire car ... I will start dynoing tunning and testing in 2-3 weeks. and there is only the basic boltons for our cars no one is evening making headers for us :( stock na mkiv supras put out only around 165-175hp at the wheels you will be lucky to get 200hp to the wheels with a custom intake.full exhuast system, hks power igniton, and afc. which one person on the forums said he got but didnt post his dyno sheets ot trackslips alot of people talk alot but when its showtimethere not around :( plus thats why people eithere go with a single or buy a TT ~Xdreamer

1 - 20 of 26 Posts