Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam planning to upgrade my Turbo to a Greddy T88H kit, I'm Wondering what I should consider when do so, Should i open up da block ? bore and stroke, get new pistons,rings,valvesprings,retainers etc, ? head work ? upgrade fuel system ? upgrade FMIC ? What I need to know Is Besides the parts given with the turbo kit( BOV,FMIC,Pipings, Wastegate etc,) what are things that I should upgrade that will need to Withstand the Turbo Upgrade. Need help Guys !

·
Old School Socal Member
365 Posts
If you don't know what you need in conjunction with a huge turbo kit like this, then you have no business installing it on your car.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
TeNSeChKsSuPra said:
Hey ! I got money and I want to go fast, why don't you help me o'l wise one ?
At the very least short and simple:

Full fuel system (at least 850 cc injectors)
Fuel management (VPC/GCC/AEM EMS etc.)
Good tuning for the above
Set of gauges (boost, fuel press, egt)
FMIC
Converter/built trans if auto/ Clutch if 6spd
Blow off valve

To take advantage of this size turbo:
Cams, springs, retainers, bumped redline
Upgraded Pistons/Rods

·
Old School Socal Member
365 Posts
TeNSeChKsSuPra said:
Hey ! I got money and I want to go fast, why don't you help me o'l wise one ?
If you are indeed serious about this venture, contact me directly at FUSION Racing and I can supply you with all the parts that you need for the upgrade.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
haha, every dealer on the forums just got excited. Search some, talk to many dealers, figure out a list, buy from the qualified ones. Drive that thing careful.

Adam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I Could have easily opt For a T66 or a T78, but the the thing that has me headed towards the "all mighty" T88H turbo is that there is a rivel team in then bay area and they have a 6speed Supra with a T78 set-up and I'm trying to give them compititon, and after watchin many TMS supra runs and reading up about their setup, and the turbo used. I believe it can help me. I was once told by a dealer in the bay area that with a T88H turbo set up and proper componets I can obtain roughly 800rwhp or more. But I'm thinkin with power like that I'm looking into breaking something so I'm not sure what mod and precautions I should take with this turbo, I really need advice, like I said, I have money but need to know what I should buy. And if anyone can give me a rough estimate of ets I should be expecting with proper setup with the turbo ?.... I know this is alot but everyone says turbo is The most import upgrade for a supra....therfore this thread..... hope someone can help.... thanks....

·
In front of you
294 Posts
t88H is capable of more than just 800RWHP. The key to big power is proper tuning, huge turbos alone won't get you anywhere far.

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
Sounds like someone is 15years old! :ghey:

Greg

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,476 Posts
GregZ33 said:
Sounds like someone is 15years old! :ghey:

Greg
:stupid: But if I am wrong, my apoligies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts