Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to use a GS300 housing, GS300 ring and pinion and a TT Auto LSD (specifically a TRD auto LSD).

I tried searching but couldn't find much. Essentially I found a TRD for cheap, would like to swap it into the GS300 (3.27) differential I have and maintain the same 3.27 ratio.

Thanks,
Alan

·
Super Moderator
10,050 Posts
Drops right in. Any A-series Supra diff (NA's and TT autos in the US market) can interchange LSD units, ring & pinion sets, and even entire differential housings from any SC or GS platform differential. Any aftermarket LSD units for an NA or TT auto Supra (or any JDM Supra produced after May 96) will also drop right in.

Considering how common those parts are in those platforms, I'm almost certain that other Toyota products have similarly interchangeable differential parts.

Note that all Export TT 6-spd rear diffs (aka all of the USDM ones) are the larger B-series 220mm ring gear pattern and LSD units, ring & pinion, etc are not interchangeable with the smaller differential pattern.
The entire TT 6-spd diff can be installed into any Supra, SC, or GS with the correct axles and drive shaft, though.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Drops right in. Any A-series Supra diff (NA's and TT autos in the US market) can interchange LSD units, ring & pinion sets, and even entire differential housings from any SC or GS platform differential. Any aftermarket LSD units for an NA or TT auto Supra (or any JDM Supra produced after May 96) will also drop right in.

Considering how common those parts are in those platforms, I'm almost certain that other Toyota products have similarly interchangeable differential parts.

Note that all Export TT 6-spd rear diffs (aka all of the USDM ones) are the larger B-series 220mm ring gear pattern and LSD units, ring & pinion, etc are not interchangeable with the smaller differential pattern.
The entire TT 6-spd diff can be installed into any Supra, SC, or GS with the correct axles and drive shaft, though.

I concur, I am running a GS400 Diff with a Supra TRD LSD for an Automatic in my SC300. Now I have a 3.27 rear end with a 2 way LSD.

·
Registered
298 Posts
wow.3.27 with the auto?how much does 1st gear hit
Let me rephrase. I meant an LSD for an automatic supra which, as wreckless pointed out, makes all the difference about fitment. My SC300 had a manual conversion done. I have the R154 and gears are pretty long imo. At 60mph in 5th i'm at 2k rpm.

·
Registered
136 Posts

Do you know if any factory Supra Torsen LSD or aftermarket Supra LSD like a Cusco fit into a 06-10 SC430 Pumpkin and bolt right on to a JZA80 chassis?

·
Super Moderator
10,050 Posts
Do you know if any factory Supra Torsen LSD or aftermarket Supra LSD like a Cusco fit into a 06-10 SC430 Pumpkin and bolt right on to a JZA80 chassis?
Yes. Please read my sticky thread in the MK4 section:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.