Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please i'm so desperate for a n/a supra. I was stricktly 5-speed but i really don't car if its an auto. I'm willing to pay up to 15k as long as it has under 75k miles. Can anyone please help me???

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man. I found one in TN but the # is diconnected. He wanted 15k for a 1995 supra se auto with 60k miles on it. I was like hell yes but the # was disconnected. kinda runined my day. I have also been trying cars.com and found the same supra there but with the same #. I'm so about to give up. What other great looking cars can i buy for under 15k. I really really want a supra. no one really has them around here in Kentucky. I need one. Again if anyone can help..... please. thanks guys!

·
Registered
45 Posts
don't get an se for 15k. It's not worth it. One of the best features of the supra is the targa top and the se didn't come with that. if you are going to get an se, don't pay anything more than 13k for it. no matter what the mileage is, cause you are going to regret it. A supra looks awesome with the targa and if you don't get that, then you don't get the full affect of the supra.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
MKIV95 said:
I dissagree too..i love my SE...plus not having the targa top makes us lighter then then u targa top guys!

not tryin to be a dick? but how can that be? dont they reinforce the roof more on the hardtop...our tops are pretty light..just a few pieces of heavy aluminum and then the top piece which is lighweight. whats the actual weight difference?
Bob

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
It is the opposite - they have to add much more reinforcement to the a and b pillars in order to maintain structural rigidity with the top off. I think it is about a 150lb difference...

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
ok, well to each his own then,
you get the looks of the targa for a slight weight disadvantage, or u get a quicker hardtop minus the summer fun of the targa.
either way were still drivin supras:cool:
Bob

S

·
0 Posts
MKIV95 said:
I dissagree too..i love my SE...plus not having the targa top makes us lighter then then u targa top guys!

yup the SE is great, worth every dime! who cares bout targa top...

Rob~

·
Registered
45 Posts
i notice that all those people who love their se's are from the cold parts of the country. Living in san diego has it's benefits of never needing to put a targa top on during the day. Winter or summer. Nothing feels better than a targa top off while driving on pacific coast highway.

S

·
0 Posts
alladin said:
i notice that all those people who love their se's are from the cold parts of the country. Living in san diego has it's benefits of never needing to put a targa top on during the day. Winter or summer. Nothing feels better than a targa top off while driving on pacific coast highway.
lol cold? We havent had snow in like 9 years lol. usually its around 40 degrees at the coldest, but o well ur opinion is ur opinion, but i honestly would just go with whatever u can get a deal on, targa or not. But you got 3 for the SE and 1 for the targa so its whatever u wanna believe... later

Rob~

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
southern cali here... hardtop is not all that bad... plus no power seats (not sure if anyone else has that) is a little more of weight reduction... do all se's have the gold badges? i don't really like the gold badges but o well... all in all, it's great, just like any other n/a.

·
Registered
68 Posts
why are we competteing...a supra is a supra weither the damn top comes off or not..dont we compette with the TT guys enough...we shouldnt be competteing with each other.

S

·
0 Posts
Hey Mazx6, your "crow" hotmail account is bouncing my emails back, says your storage allocation limit has been reached or something. Check your other email for my reply.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts