Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here are the problems...

1.airbag light wont go off. i tried to do what mkiv.com says to get rid of the light, but the damn thing wont turn off. When i hook up the wires to check my trouble codes, the airbag light flashes on and off, but the check engine light stays solid and doesnt blink.

2.the car starts up and idles, but when i rev up the car is cuts out really bad and after i let off the gas, the rpms drop really low then kick back up to about 800 rpms.

3.check engine light came on after about 20miles of driving right when i got my SP fuel system installed. i called and talked to larry and he said to check the egr but its not that. the light stays on all the time now. i took my car to a place to get something else repaired and asked them to run the trouble codes and they claimed that it was showing the o2 sensor code, so i replaced that(the main, 1st one) but it didnt help at all.

when i was coming home from the place i got a seal replaced at the car started cutting out and when i pressed on the gas it wouldnt do anything and finally died. then wouldnt start back up. i went back about 2 hrs or so later to tow it and the car started right up but still ran really choppy.

the only things that i have changed before the problems started is puttin the the sp fuel system(dual intank walbro's, 750cc's, ect) and changed the vpc chip from the A chip to the B chip. i thought maybe the vpc chip is bad or something? i dunno if it would cause all those problems though? pleaseee help me with any ideas. im going to take the car someplace soon if i cant get it fixed because theres a meet in my area coming up, thanx

·
Retired Admin
597 Posts
Andy, have you checked everything simple like IC piping?

Sounds kind of like bad gas. Did you just fill up?

Also, I am still awaiting my new exhaust and I will have yours to you ASAP. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks
Brittany

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brittany said:
Andy, have you checked everything simple like IC piping?

Sounds kind of like bad gas. Did you just fill up?

Also, I am still awaiting my new exhaust and I will have yours to you ASAP. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks
Brittany
i havent really looked over the i/c piping but ill check that to make sure....i put a little gas it but my gas guage is messed up from when i took the bracket out so i only put in a few gallons...if all else fails maybe ill drain the tank and put new gas in...

its aight about the exhaust, as soon as you can get it out to me:)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Andy-
It sounds like maybe you might have a bad connection somewhere for the VPC pressure sensor?? Check over the wiring make sure nothing came loose. Not sure about the airbag light though..

·
Registered
95 Posts
When I had this problem it was usally the MAP sensor pressure line or the AFC was seeing no air flow, had to reinit the AFC and wiggle the wires. Which led me to finding the wires on the afc being loose. But with a VPC on the car it would lead to the connection on the pressure sensor possibly being loose as stated above. Still waiting to see if mine will run after I put it all back together.

94TT BPU+
11.62 @ 121.11
No NOS or VPC

In my garage getting a T78 and fuel.

·
Super Moderator
46,550 Posts
Those VPC chips are real sensitive.Call HKS at 1.310.763.9600 ask for Diago.Have him verify the correct prom #'s and VPC controller after you double checked all of your connections.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ELMTOYPARTS said:
Those VPC chips are real sensitive.Call HKS at 1.310.763.9600 ask for Diago.Have him verify the correct prom #'s and VPC controller after you double checked all of your connections.
thanx, ill give them a call tomorow...im pretyt sure its the right chip though, says like jz8B or something like that. maybe the chip itself is defective.

Another thing that i will mention is right before i put the fuel kit in and the problems started, my ecu1 fuse kept blowing. i narrowed it down and it was the fuel pump plug. i had taken the white plastic peice that separates the wires from touching and i guess some of them were touching. i put the white thing back in and the fuses stopped blowing, but i was stupid and immediately started installing the fuel system without drving the car to make sure it hadnt caused any other problems...so could this have damaged something that would be causing this problem now?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts