Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
320 Posts
Don't drill out the plug. Just take a punch and place it in the corner of the plug. Then whack the S out of it with a BFH. The plug will flip on its side. Grab it with pliers and pull it out. When re-installing the new freeze plug. Coat it with a thin layer of gasket sealer (I use that stickey brown S that comes in a white bottle with a brush). Drive the new one in flush with a proper sized socket or something similar.

Dale H
87T

· Registered
320 Posts
It should just flip on its side if you hit down on it at a steep angle. In other words, placing the punch like this \ not this _

Hope that helps.

Dale H
87T

· Registered
320 Posts
Yeah, its kinds of hard to explain how to replace those freeze plugs, it jsut takes practice. But I was in your shoes once and tried everything in the world to get the GD plug out. I could not get it to budge. Finally I said f it, picked up the whole motor and took it to my machine shop. Before I could even tell the guy what the problem was, he had whacked the living S out of it with a BFH, had the thing flipped on its side, removed it, and drove in the new one all within about 30 seconds. No joke. I almost think he was going extra fast to make me look like a douche hat.

Dale H
87T

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.