Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the story. Car has been down for a while, I blew a seal in my trans and decided to ship out my spare one to get built. Got the trans back from Boost Logic and shipped the PI converter to Mid West Converters to get rebuilt. While they were out I installed a DE kit with a PTE 67 on my car. Got everything in and wrapped up today. Started the car and besides a coolant leak, everything was gravy. Put it in gear while it was still on jackstands and the wheels wouldn't turn. I hopped under the car and made sure everything looked ok, made sure the shift control rod was in the proper position, driveshaft was all squared away etc. And I can't figure out the problem. Trans has fluid, as does converter. Everything was installed correctly, to my knowledge. Myself and two ASE mechanics tackled the job in my garage. But I can't figure out why the wheels won't turn over. ANY IDEAS!?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

B

·
0 Posts
matt, sorry to hear that. very wierd.... hope the turbo kits looking good :)

i take it that the driveshaft doesnt move. and the crank must be moving, so i would say it has to be something to deal with the tranny itself. doesnt make any sense, but who knows....

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
don't take this as an insult to your intelligence... but is the e-brake removed?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brian, yes the crank moves, the car revs and sounds beautiful, just doesn't move.

Yes the e-brake is removed. First thing I checked.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone? PLEASE!?!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts