Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone!

I decided to do a little engine cleaning and noticed a lot of build up around the distributor and removed the whole piece from the head. Now with everything back together the car doesn't want to turn over...almost like there is no spark. I also noticed a small hole in the tunnel where the distributor goes and it does not look factory:eek:. Please let me know if there is anything that I'm currently not doing!

-Chris-

·
NA-T Member
1,021 Posts
you more than likely didn't re-install the distributor correctly. your timing is prob. way off.

set ur number one cylinder to TDC, then re-install the dist. so that the rotor is pointing to where number one spark plug wire would be.

·
Banned
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You! I didn't even think about doing that until you mentioned it. Would you by chance know anything about a hole inside the wall of where the distributor goes? It's approx. North North West when looking directly into the location. Thanks for the help!

·
NA-T Member
1,021 Posts
yea, if its what i think you're talking about, its normal. it looks like a chunk is broken off, but thats the way the it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts