Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a turbo timer, S-AFC, and a 2nd turbo and the first time i turned the car on i got the check engine light and the trac off light to come on. My trac fuse is not pulled, btw. I remember i got this same problem last time i replaced my turboes but it went away (i can't even remember if i fixed it or it just went away on it's own). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Supra Addict Since 1984
362 Posts
I'm thinking your ECU is registering engine error codes and trying to tell you about them. Your big bang red exclamation light is probably also lit, right? Don't disconnect the battery yet. If you have access to a technical manual for your year, it will decsribe how to reveal which engine error codes are stored. Instructions and error code listings are also on www.mkiv.com

You may find it easier to see if your local Toyota service manager will hook up on of their interface modules and tell you which error codes are present.

Good luck!
John

www.utahracing.com/supras/john.html

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, my red exclamation light is also lit. Thanks for the info John but i don't see where on the mkiv site it shows how to retrieve the data, and i don't even remember having to do that last time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts