Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for the past two years for a MKIV NA 5 speed hardtop. I am willing to spend close to 20K for a lower mileage well kept one. I found this one which is in Long Island NY with only 78 K on the odo. The cars looks great but some of the engine bay pics show a lot of rust on top of the struts, and some of the other metal pieces. There are also what the seller says are a couple of " creases " above the driver side fenders above the wheel wells in the front and the back ( which were not mentioned in the original ad ) Seller says these creases happened when the car was parked. ????? how? Does anyone know this car or has seen it in person? I am in Northern Delaware and don't want to drive up to Long Island just to be dissapointed . Thanks

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...2Nm=miles&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
80k on the odo. That already says 19k is to much for an N/A. Get auto or save up another 2-3 thousand and get a 6spd save urself the headache. By the time you get that N/A anywhere close to a 6spd or bpu tt ur gonna be well over the price you would pay for a stock or bpu tt car. Jus my 2 sense. Thought it might help.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I think you guys missed that it has the gold package. Why do people selling SE's talk them up as if they are anything but the cheapest version of the Supra ever sold in the US?

·
Registered
276 Posts
80k on the odo. That already says 19k is to much for an N/A. Get auto or save up another 2-3 thousand and get a 6spd save urself the headache. By the time you get that N/A anywhere close to a 6spd or bpu tt ur gonna be well over the price you would pay for a stock or bpu tt car. Jus my 2 sense. Thought it might help.
so true i bought a 6speed shell thinking i would save myself a few grand by going this way by the time i get the car running i would be in the hole for around 20 to 25 grand, i could of just bought a bpu or stock one for that. buy what u want

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.