Supra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
background: did MHG+timing belt etc and ended up not very successful.
Car wont run worth jack if I push it even a little, starts to "stutter" a lot after 3k rpms. The rpm just bounces up and down as the turbo attempts to spool. I can still hear the BOV. My mechanic confidently says he fixed the timing and suggested to me that my turbo might be the reason. He works on imports a lot and told me he just did a MHG job on a mk3 Supra turbo recently, so he seems legit and knowledgeable, plus he's my mom's relative so I doubt he would screw me.
He pointed out this thing, probably the actuator, and said that its not moving normally when the turbo comes in. He said if I looked at the turbo on a working Supra, I would be able to see the actuator or some other turbo component physically move. Is this true? I have never noticed it, I just assumed all movement occured internally. Please comment on this. FYI, the engine and turbo ran fine before I made a smart move to put in a MHG, was able to boost 11psi, stock turbo/bov. Thats the only reason Im confused, because the turbo system was fine before. The OTHER possibility is that some/most of my exhaust manifold threads got stripped off during the process and I half assed putting it together-could this result in exhaust leak to the point where my car runs like total SHIT? I have noticed exhaust gas leaking out at times. I've checked the intercooler piping, from what I see, no leaks or loose fitments. Please help, Im out of ideas. Any other possibilties other than turbo/components, intercooler pipe leak, or exhaust manifold leak? Dont just list things, but things that make sence in my particular case.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts