Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found a Supra for sale in Canada. It is a 1994 TT 6-speed with about 40k miles (I converted it so you guys know how low it is) on it. I brought it to my friend's mechanic and did a compression test. My results are driving me insane:

Cylinder
#1: 180
#2: 130
#3: 180
#4: 120
#5: 180
#6: 125

He is telling its the valve clearance. I have done a lot of research since I was in high school and I know the numbers doesn't look good. What do you guys think its the problem? And is it a big problem? Thanks so much guys!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just checked mkiv.com and we MIGHT did the compression check without removing the solenoid resistor sensor connector. Could this be the problem??

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So does #2. They are approx. 50psi apart. Please help!!!!

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
I conducted a compression test today and mine read:

1-150
2-150
3-155
4-155
5-150
6-150

Why are mine so low and its a brand new shortblock? I talked to ANGEL today and he said my numbers are great. Why are yours so high or is mine just to low?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VETKILR: Did you break-in the engine yet? Those numbers are pretty consistent which is what I'm worried about.

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
BADASSDAWG,

I broke my engine in by not exceeding 3500rpm's for the first 2500miles. I changed from conventional oil to full synthetic after 2500miles and didn't exceed 5500rpm's until after 5000 miles. I wanted to baby my new shortblock to prevent any damages. From what I was told my numbers are great...it actually read 155 across the board. He wrote down 150 on my valve covers to be safe...don't ask me why.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VETKILR said:
I conducted a compression test today and mine read:

1-150
2-150
3-155
4-155
5-150
6-150

Why are mine so low and its a brand new shortblock? I talked to ANGEL today and he said my numbers are great. Why are yours so high or is mine just to low?
Those numbers are great. :bthumb: Factory spec for 2jzgte is 156psi + or - 14psi, no more than a 25psi difference in any cylinder across the board.

Chris

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is my last bump, please help a Supralover out.:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts